Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I am curious, my UFO has the yellow pull knob. What parking brake do I have?
UFO Pilot, You have an HPB System and it's in no way related to the J-72 AAPB.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #16

A well maintained engine will last a very longtime. For high mileage the price needs to be lower.
The issue most of the time is age and not mileage, alot of items need to be changed at one point regardless if the unit has 50,000 or 100,000 miles.

My rig is older a 1998 Triple E with a 7.4 and 120,000 miles, runs like new and I will cross from Atlantic to Pacific and back one more time this summer without any hesitation. It's al about "preventive maintenance"
C350AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dang... the market must be coming back. Interested in a 2 slide 2005 Monaco with 45k on it?

All these folks putting a service life on a motor/trans really have no clue. When they produce receipts for the 33,000+ gallons of fuel they purchased to run 200k... Ill believe any claims of longevity. Fact is even a diesel with 100k, is hard to sell. I'm sure the million mile drivers will be along shortly to tell us the benefits of a diesel chassis.

To the OP... I doubt Camping World is gonna discount it much. At $70k... they better put tires and some kinda platinum warranty service. ACV value is probably closer to $45k-$50k. I just looked at my banks loan range... and the oldest they will loan on is a 2009 at 9%.

My personal feelings are that if you can buy that coach for $45k... you would be doing well. I would have the trans looked at to make sure it has the Transynd fluid. I would check the rear axle seals and I would check the exhaust donuts & manifolds closely. Other than that... Id much rather own something with a few more miles on it than some low mileage rotter.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by knbmabry View Post
Looking at purchasing a 2006 Itasca suncruiser. We've been looking at class A's for a couple of years. Everything about this coach seems to exceed our expectations, condition colors, floor plan ,w-24 chassis looks well taken care of. Dealer willing to install new tires ect.. The one thing that's really holding me back is it has 88000 miles, it's a 37b model a little longer than I really wanted but wife loves the floor plan. It's a one owner I was told he was meticulous about things, ran synthetic oil etc Should I run away based on those high miles?
High mileage sometimes is better on a well maintained coach then low mileage. Would you be able to do any needed engine repairs yourself? I bought a Winnebago years ago with High mileage. Coach was in Great shape. Most repairs I could do myself.

Also, how long to you plan on keeping it? If you put on another 20K or so miles then this could be a Big down side when selling or trading, since high mileage scares many folks as you are thinking.

Getting new tires is a plus..... Rv tires are very expensive these days, so you are looking at over $1K in tires.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
06 workhorse high miles?

It has always been my opinion that I would rather have a coach with 75K miles at 10 years that the same vehicle with only 25K. With Motorhomes the old saying "Use or loose it" applies and drive it like you stole it works too. ✔️

Sent from my iP5S using iRV2 - RV Forum
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #20

Way too much for a coach with that kind of mileage, previous owner has seen the best of this rig. You can do better.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 AM   #21

I would run away because of the price. The "discounted" asking price is close to $20K MORE than I paid for my coach 1 1/2 years ago and mine only had 7K miles on it. I personally can't imagine paying more than $30K for this coach. You really can do a whole lot better in price on a high mileage unit or a whole lot better for that price in a low mileage newer unit.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workhorse