RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #1

2007 Workhorse trailer wiring

We have a 2007 Fleetwood Fiesta that we will be towing our Jeep Wrangler behind and it appears that the power wire in the 7 Pin plug on the coach does not have power to it. Is there a special fuse box somewhere for the trailer wiring? The turn signals, brake lights and running lights all power up but I need the power wire for the Mopar RV wiring harness to run the lights. Thanks for any help.

mtnxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm confused. You say you have power for running lights. So what additional lights do you need power to?

Mike

Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
I'm confused. You say you have power for running lights. So what additional lights do you need power to?

Mike
Nothing on the Jeep works while plugged in to the MH. Checking with a test light there is no power to the "supposed" hot wire in the 7 pin plug on the MH. There is power to each turn signal, brake light and running lights. My understanding is the Mopar wiring harness requires that hot wire to operate and I can't figure out why there is no power to it.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #4

You may have to run a separate fused wire to your chassis or house batteries. Can also get 12V from the generator which will be closer.

I also needed to install a converter to combine the L/R turn signals with brake light to connect to trailer wiring. Electric brake blue wire should be marked and located under dash.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyre View Post
You may have to run a separate fused wire to your chassis or house batteries. Can also get 12V from the generator which will be closer.

I also needed to install a converter to combine the L/R turn signals with brake light to connect to trailer wiring. Electric brake blue wire should be marked and located under dash.
The interesting thing is I have a black wire going to the #4 pin in the plug but no power and I am having a heck of a time trying to trace where that black wire goes from the plugin. There is no power to the wire so I assume it is either not connected or it is fused and blown.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
2007 Workhorse trailer wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxr View Post
Nothing on the Jeep works while plugged in to the MH. Checking with a test light there is no power to the "supposed" hot wire in the 7 pin plug on the MH. There is power to each turn signal, brake light and running lights. My understanding is the Mopar wiring harness requires that hot wire to operate and I can't figure out why there is no power to it.

I have a 6 pin but had to run a dedicated wire from the batteries to a pin on my plug for a charge line.
White/Gray probably backup lights on the chassis harness? Looking thru some old notes not sure but there is a electric brake wire too.
Ok remember this I had to discover this. The plug wire colors do Not necessarily coincide with the Chassis Harness wire colors. You will need to reveal where they are spliced to see what you have. OK I found my notes hope this helps in your discovery.

Chassis Harness Colors below:

Wh/Yel =LF
Wh/GR = RT
Wh/BK = Ground
WH/GRAY= Backup lights(must be in gear)
Gray= Tail/Marker
Blue = Electric Brakes

I hope thus helps I had to edit numerous tines for clarity.
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #7

I have a 2004 WH chassis and can tell you on mine as apparently wired from new, both the brake and the power feeds to the trailer plug terminate in the dash area. I forget the colours but I needed to install inline fuses and connect both of them.
They’re run properly through the chassis, just need to be connected.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Art View Post
I have a 2004 WH chassis and can tell you on mine as apparently wired from new, both the brake and the power feeds to the trailer plug terminate in the dash area. I forget the colours but I needed to install inline fuses and connect both of them.
They’re run properly through the chassis, just need to be connected.
That is what I am thinking. Now if I can just find the wires and hook them up I will be a happy guy! LOL

Tags
trailer, wiring, workhorse