Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

2009 Voyage , Workhorse 22 chassis.

Hello, upgraded from a trailer to the 2009 Winnebago Voyage 35A, 8.1 & Allison 1000 series Trans. I have drained the hot water heater and opened the 2 small drain line valves in the storage area in front of the propane tank. Are these the lo point drains? The huge 1+ inch valve in the same compartment was opened and drained. I am just starting to winterize this beast and wonder what I am going to miss! I have successfully winterized my travel trailer numerous times but this is an entirely new challenge. I will fill my lines to the shower and the Sinks with antifreeze and drain and clean all of the water traps. I am currently looking for a water filter and any fresh water holding tanks that might not be drain with the main one and a half inch valve. Please feel free to offer any advice and thank you in advance, I love this thing and I sure don’t wanna let it get damaged when it freezes hard here in Montana.
Mach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach4 View Post
I sure don’t wanna let it get damaged when it freezes hard here in Montana.
I'll be passing through Frenchtown and other MT cities , on October 25th. I'll blow my air horn as a signal for you to start your coach and head south.

If your using RV anti freeze , with the 12 volt pump ( close the low point drains first) and run the A/F through every water point ( outside shower? toilet ? washing machine pre-plumbed ? )

Was the 1" valve the fresh tank drain ?

Safe travels
Old 08-31-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

Lol, when you come thru great falls and start up the grade on The interstate by the airport let er rip! Regarding the fresh water drain.....I am hoping someone will jump in this post and confirm the 1 inch valve is in fact the fresh water tank. I will not forget the outside shower, thanks!
Old 08-31-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
..I am hoping someone will jump in this post and confirm the 1 inch valve is in fact the fresh water tank. I will not forget the outside shower, thanks!
I have a 90 degree ball valve at the base of my fresh water tank. It's approximately 1" in diameter.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:05 PM   #5

Thanks DriVer, ya think that valve is directly below the tank on the 35 A voyage?
Old 09-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Thanks DriVer, ya think that valve is directly below the tank on the 35 A voyage?
Mine is on the compartment floor and it dumps through the floor and on my LP tank.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
voyage winterize

Big handle is the freshwater tank. Did you drain water heater and ice maker water line? there should be a water filter underkitchen sink.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #8

Found the water heater and drained it .....that has never been done on this rig! The former owner was positive that all you needed to do was drain the freshwater tank and the two low point drains! It’s a miracle that wasn’t cracked! I’m going to have to treat it for really bad smell. It stunk so bad we had to walk away from it while it drained. I do not have an icemaker but if there is a line I will see if I can find it. This weekend I will hunt around for the filter on the waterline at the sink. Got a tackle the exhaust manifold next. It’s leaking or cracked and snow will be coming soon. Don’t really want to work on it in the snow.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #9

I am almost ready to drop the exhaust manifold, all of the bolts are out and that was a miracle! I need to disconnect the oil dipstick assembly to get the last bolt all the way out . The passenger side manifold is what I am working on and I need a new heat shield. The old one was destroyed coming off. I also need or want new ARP studs and bolts does anyone have the right part number. Broke one wire, going to have to address that I’m looking at new spark plugs for this bank. That’s a no brainer. Thanks guys if I don’t Get any answers I will start a new thread to address the exhaust manifold.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #10

Quote:
I am almost ready to drop the exhaust manifold, all of the bolts are out and that was a miracle! I need to disconnect the oil dipstick assembly to get the last bolt all the way out . The passenger side manifold is what I am working on and I need a new heat shield. The old one was destroyed coming off. I also need or want new ARP studs and bolts does anyone have the right part number. Broke one wire, going to have to address that I’m looking at new spark plugs for this bank. That’s a no brainer. Thanks guys if I don’t Get any answers I will start a new thread to address the exhaust manifold.
Not sure about the heat shield. You may have to try to repair the old one. Even if it's mangled you may try to work it back in shape and have it braised back together.

The guys at Ultra RV Products should have the part number for the ARP exhaust studs. I'm not sure if they recommend the stainless or chromoly studs but I would buy whatever studs they suggest.

Get a new set of Magnum wires from URVP. The magnum wires are fantastic. You won't find a single bad review on the magnum wires. The same can't be said about other brands of high end wires for the 8.1.

Put in a fresh set of AC Delco Iridium 41-101 spark plugs gaped to .045". This along with the wires will make a big difference on how the coach runs.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #11

there are some left side heat shields available on ebay.

Here is just one example

https://www.ebay.com/p/GM-OEM-Exhaus...2243/661791138

I will see if I can find a right side.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #12

When you talk to the guys at URVP you might ask if they have a right side heat shield from a take off manifold. They may have one from a customer who swapped to headers.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a link to a post by Vettenuts that lists the ARP exhaust studs

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/crack...-281847-3.html

Quoted Vettenuts in case you dont have time to read the post

For the studs: ARP #400-8014 (8 studs in kit, only use 7)

For the manifold bolt: ARP #771-1002 (use the beveled washer from the stud not used in the prior kit)

For the heat shield bolts: ARP #771-1017 (16mm long)

For the extra nuts for the heat shield: ARP #400-8311 (This is a bubble pack of two nuts. I couldn't find this part so I bought the individual nuts which is ARP #400-8310)

I also used Permatex 2600 degree anti-seize on the threads.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #14

Thank you guys this is Outstanding!

Tags
chassis, voyage, workhorse