Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #15

Rdrifter, just to make sure you understand what I said:
The fuse was intact and serviceable. It checked out OK with the test light.
The problem was that the socket which holds the fuse contacts was compromised.
We took a perfectly good fuse and cut one of the 'legs' off.
Then we pushed the modified fuse into the ALT/START socket. One way the fuse had the correct friction and feel when pushed in. We then removed the fuse and turned it around so as the remaining leg was going into the other side of the socket. It went in much too easily and would actually come out without any friction whatsoever. The original fuse was making contact occasionally, giving the ABS a satisfactory self test.

My fix was to take a good fuse and apply some solder to one of the 'legs' to make it thicker. I then filed the solder until it would fit into the socket with quite a bit of 'push' required. Of course the thickened 'leg' was inserted into the loose socket.

Stan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Switchflicke---

Great fix!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it---- Cost about .25 cents-

I pulled the front sensors and cleaned them up- it fixed that issue for me. I pushed them in tight also-----

I'll remember your easy repair--
Old 01-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #17

ABS Light Repaired. The shop they took it to traced the ABS Wiring and found the factory had ran the wire over the crossbar and placed the decking on that. The wiring was pinched and shorting out. They cut the wiring harness and rerouted and things are working great. Drove it about 50 miles with no ABS light.

Ready to pick it up but we are getting ice then 6+ inches of snow tonight. Will pick up Monday morning.

I want to thank everyone for the help on this issue. Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future if they have the same issues.
Rdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrifter View Post
ABS Light Repaired. The shop they took it to traced the ABS Wiring and found the factory had ran the wire over the crossbar and placed the decking on that. The wiring was pinched and shorting out. They cut the wiring harness and rerouted and things are working great. Drove it about 50 miles with no ABS light.

Ready to pick it up but we are getting ice then 6+ inches of snow tonight. Will pick up Monday morning.

I want to thank everyone for the help on this issue. Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future if they have the same issues.

Do you know which cross bar? I have the same RV and it might come in handy knowing that for future reference.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #19

Rdrifter, I'm very happy for you.
Another nice simple fix after a nasty bit of troubleshooting
Stan
Old 01-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #20

It feels good knowing it is repaired after them spending 3 weeks working on the problem. It makes you wonder how 3 other shops said they traced the wiring harness and did not find the issue. In my experience in shops there are parts changers and then people who take the time to troubleshoot the issues. The wiring harness was ran over the second cross member in front of the drive axel. Really wanted to pickup today but we had 7 inches of snow last night and expecting 2 to 3 more tonight. They should have everything cleaned up by Monday.
Rdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Good to hear. I like that fuse socket trouble shooting method for sure.

Tags
abs, light, w22, workhorse