Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 AM   #15

it sits level i run 66 front 60 rear
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeau1954 View Post
I used to work for Firestone Industrial Products division in Indiana where they make the airbags before they moved the operation down to Kentucky. I used to be in awe of the lab where I would watch how they tested those bags. They would put them on a machine that rocked them back and forth under a heavy load and run it 24/7 until it failed. They would go months and look like they just came off the line. Each and every bag is tested under full pressure before they are shipped out. About once a month one of the bags would fail and it sounded like a bomb went off in the factory. When it did fail it would go through a thorough test to see why it failed. I know this is off the topic a little but I know that Firestone air bags are a great product, I had them on all my trucks and will soon have them on my Moho.
I Bought a pair of Firestone Ride rite bag and will be installing them soon on the rear of my MoHo
Old 03-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #17

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangy dog View Post
Cable McMan,

Do yourself a favor, if you decide on airbags, and get quality bags from a reliable company like Firestone

I got Airlift brand bags and in a few weeks first one popped going down the interstate followed by the other before I could get into a truck stop. The seller said they didn't make them so it wasn't their problem. Airlift said they didn't sell them and they wouldn't warranty the bags either. And they never even sent the promised rebate. Not a good company to deal with.

Another on this forum had two Airlift bags pop but had them replaced. Clearly Airlift's quality leaves much to be desired. The question really becomes if they'll back up the product or cheat you too.

I've posted my here story before. We're talking about your suspension. You really don't want it to fail a thousand miles from home. Go with high quality bags from Firestone or take it to a spring shop.

mangy dog
I really apologize for the issues you had with our air springs. To be honest this is very surprising to me, as this type of failure is not common. We test all of our air springs for 1,000,000 cycles which equates to 100,000 road miles.

We also offer a lifetime warranty on our air springs, which should have covered our air bags unless they rubbed on something.

I would be more than happy to help you out if you still have the air bag kit.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #18

Wow I have had no problems with them but 2 people as above did
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
All I will say is,
I wished I would have invested the monies from the AirLifts into New Better Springs that are out on the Market now a days. Mine constantly leaks air. Every time it leaves the Driveway I have to fill them up all 4.
JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #20

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
All I will say is,
I wished I would have invested the monies from the AirLifts into New Better Springs that are out on the Market now a days. Mine constantly leaks air. Every time it leaves the Driveway I have to fill them up all 4.
JS,
Tim
There are a few things that could cause leaks. It could be anything from fittings, lines, or bags. Have you tested the system to see what is leaking?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I haven't, don't know how to test them. I will say that I have taken it back I can't count how many times to the place that installed them. (30 miles one way) . Very shortly after I'm back to airing up like I said. I don't take it off roading either.
Just not Happy with them.
I might add that I installed new Bilstiens last summer, I could tell the difference in the ride after installing them but can't say the same as the AirLifts..
In the end with the monies I spent a guy shouldn't have to keep adding air every time they want to take it out.
Sorry,
Tim
Old 03-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #22

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I haven't, don't know how to test them. I will say that I have taken it back I can't count how many times to the place that installed them. (30 miles one way) . Very shortly after I'm back to airing up like I said. I don't take it off roading either.
Just not Happy with them.
I might add that I installed new Bilstiens last summer, I could tell the difference in the ride after installing them but can't say the same as the AirLifts..
In the end with the monies I spent a guy shouldn't have to keep adding air every time they want to take it out.
Sorry,
Tim
I completely agree that you should not need to add air every time you go out.

The best way to check for leaks would be to inflate the system and spray the lines, fittings and air bags with a soapy water solution. Where ever you have bubbles, will be where the leak is. It may be something as simple as airlines not being cut straight.

If there is anything I can do to help you out, please let me know. ~Jeremy
Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Lift Company View Post
I completely agree that you should not need to add air every time you go out.

The best way to check for leaks would be to inflate the system and spray the lines, fittings and air bags with a soapy water solution. Where ever you have bubbles, will be where the leak is. It may be something as simple as airlines not being cut straight.

If there is anything I can do to help you out, please let me know. ~Jeremy
Just a FYI,
I took the MH out yesterday and all 4 were different air pressure. So I ran 60 front 65 rear. I just read of another poster that said his leaks also.
I'll check them again today and let ya know.
Tim
Old 03-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #24

Air bags operate on a small amount of air so a slight temperature change can effect air pressures gust like your tires. Don't think you can buy a better product than air lift or firestone.I own both on two different vehicles and they both require air from time to time. Installing a on board air compressor will eliminate this inconvenience. Or take them off and get your money back and have fun finding a better product. I am thankful for the product they offer.
38G Winnebago/W22/ 8.1/ Banks Cai /Doug's headers/Air Lift/ Front&Rear Tracbars/ Jeep Wrangler Toad/Master GM Tech/Custom Tuning And Calibrating https://www.facebook.com/whitehorsetuningandcalibrating
Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:31 AM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road View Post
Air bags operate on a small amount of air so a slight temperature change can effect air pressures gust like your tires. Don't think you can buy a better product than air lift or firestone.I own both on two different vehicles and they both require air from time to time. Installing a on board air compressor will eliminate this inconvenience. Or take them off and get your money back and have fun finding a better product. I am thankful for the product they offer.
So you are saying that the temperature can affect the pressure of the footballs, oh I mean the ride rights?
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeau1954 View Post
So you are saying that the temperature can affect the pressure of the footballs, oh I mean the ride rights?
Good one lmao
Old 03-13-2015, 05:03 AM   #27

Unhappy Want MADE IN THE USA?

Edit --- sorry guys, I did not realize what forum I was in as I just saw the thread subject line in the little box on the right of my screen and clicked on it.. Moderators please feel free to move this to the appropriate spot...

Hi guys,

I have to tell you that I am ABSOLUTELY HUGE on Made in the USA and I **Always** look for products made here or Canada (our brothers)...

My F350 needs a bit of support when carrying our 5er.. After weeks of research reading reviews etc. and knocking pennies out of the piggy bank, I pulled the trigger and bought the Air-Lift full-meal-deal from Amazon. I bought the 88396 Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate with Internal Jounce bumper and the 72000 Wireless Air.

I was told that Air-Lift systems were all made in the USA.
What you see below is the unboxing of the Wireless Air (Made in the USA as told to me by Air-Lift's Tech Support folks just minutes prior to my ordering)...

You tell me - what do you see?

Now - all that said - I did see that the Wireless Controller itself had a Made in USA sticker on it (no pic).
I was really sweating it on the compressor.. I have seen other compressors that were made to look like they were metal but really had plastic molded to look like a finned metal cylinder etc... I unboxed the compressor and it is all metal (whew)!

The Air-Bags and brackets all looked good. The Air-Bags had "Assembled in USA" stickers on them. I can only guess where the parts came from...

Not sure what I am going to do at this juncture...

Is the Viair compressor system USA?
What about Firestone bags?

Pretty peeved right now...
Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #28

Made in the USA with global part's. Just like everything in this country! Firestone is a Japan company. Looks like you have a choice China or Japan.
38G Winnebago/W22/ 8.1/ Banks Cai /Doug's headers/Air Lift/ Front&Rear Tracbars/ Jeep Wrangler Toad/Master GM Tech/Custom Tuning And Calibrating https://www.facebook.com/whitehorsetuningandcalibrating