Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Allison Warranty UFO chassis-WOW!

I talked to the service manager at an Allison authorized shop. With the serial number off my trans he looked up the warranty. Because Workhorse used Allison approved synthetic oil,(transynd) it has a 5 year 200,000 mile parts and labor extended warranty. You have to change the spin on filter at 10,000 miles and 50,000 or 24months. Change oil and filter at 150,000 miles or 48 months. You must use Allison Filters and Transynd oil. I paid $8.84 for the filter, and $32.64 for a gallon of oil. The local GM dealer wanted $ 44.20 for the filter and did not know about the oil.
cj5 jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5 jeeper View Post
I paid $8.84 for the filter, and $32.64 for a gallon of oil. The local GM dealer wanted $ 44.20 for the filter and did not know about the oil.
Good deal! I hope you got to bring some of that gallon of oil home with you cause I know they didn't put it all in the tranny!

If you go to the GM dealer in the future maybe you can sell him some of your Transynd!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actualy I brought the oil home to replace what I lost changing the filter, and when I have to change it in May when it is 24mo old. The oil and a filter are stored in my MH, I seem to have a thing about having spare parts with me. If I am not careful the MH will be so full I will have to leave my wife at home.
cj5 jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Soon you will need to pull a 25 foot enclosed trailer just to house the spare parts etc

If we bought two exact motorhomes and towed one with the other, there would always be a full parts replacement stock.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote