Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #1

Y'know how annoying that beeping sound is when the parking lites are On & ignition is Off? I don't drive that much at nite, but did today. While refueling w/parking lites On, I found out (maybe this is known by you folks) that by depressing the Trip button, it cancels the beeping, while the parking lites remain On.

Miracles!!!! (Or maybe I've been under my rock too long).

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #2

Y'know how annoying that beeping sound is when the parking lites are On & ignition is Off? I don't drive that much at nite, but did today. While refueling w/parking lites On, I found out (maybe this is known by you folks) that by depressing the Trip button, it cancels the beeping, while the parking lites remain On.

Miracles!!!! (Or maybe I've been under my rock too long).

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 11-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
How did you ever stumble accross that fix? Good to know.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thudman, that's great that you found this fix. That was another thing that I just' shook my head at' wondering what they were thinking when they designed it that way. I sure hope it works on mine.
It actually works. I wonder if WH even knows that? Don't nobody tell them, they might try to fix it.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How did you ever stumble accross that fix? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was resetting my Trip meter after refueling, with Parking lite sw On.

Thudman

Old 11-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is good info, I am going to go try it on mine! Glenn

EDIT: Just tried it on my 04 - IT WORKS!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I thought this would be great news for everyone but not many seem interested. Is this because you guys already knew this secret?
I know if I pull into a rest area with all the trucks, I was the only one that did'nt have my parking lights on. Now I have a choice.
Denver, Colorado
Old 11-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought this would be great news for everyone but not many seem interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only times that the beeps have bothered me is when I was trouble shooting my toad wiring. I guess it will be good during the tail/turn light check before I pull out, but the engine's usually running then anyway.
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
This is a great little hot tip! I tried it last night & it works on my '04 W22. Thanks for passing it on.

I guess the software engineer never told the tech writer about this so it never got in the user manual!!! I wonder if marketing had this in their requirements spec? ...or the eng lab tech had the software engineer add this feature because the dinging was driving them crazy during the 24/7 life test? Must be be more of these nice little nuggets in the program if we could just get the designer on this forum.

Happy Trails,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I suspect that if you called WH and asked them how to stop the dinging, no one would know the trick Thudman found. Well maybe now if Driver let's them know about it. I also suspect it's an unintentional glitch in the system, but who knows? Apparently Driver did'nt know about it before or I'm sure he would have told us about it. I'm surprised that Driver has'nt chimed in on this topic.
I wonder what if any thing else that causes the dinger to ding , if the trip button trick would stop it. I remember driving 200 miles and because one of my turnsignal bulbs was out, caused my inside turn signal indicator light to just stay on solid, but only with the headlights on. Every 3/4 of a mile it started dinging at me because it thought I had forgotten to turn my signal off. That was a very "ANNOYING" trip.
Thudman, Im so glad I found this tip. I think if someone would have told me that for $20 or so they'd send me what I need to turn the dang beeper off, I would have done it. No No , it's too late now , but thanks again. Now I can stop in the fire lane at nite while my wife runs in and gets the food or drink we forgot.
PS I doubt that they would ever admit it but I bet who ever designed or engineered the electrical system does'nt even know this unless someone else just happened to discover it and told him. Obviously it does but what the heck does the trip button have to do with the warning dinger? Does the trip meter even work with the key off?
Denver, Colorado
Old 12-02-2006, 03:48 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seems this creates another problem. What if I don't want my trip reset and still want the dinging to go away? World isn't perfect after all!
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What if I don't want my trip reset and still want the dinging to go away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, thats where your .357 comes in... ...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
Apparently Driver did'nt know about it before or I'm sure he would have told us about it. I'm surprised that Driver has'nt chimed in on this topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where ever "you" have a grasp of the situation, I don't believe my input is required. You're just such a ray of sunshine sometimes John.

Regardless I don't think that I need to post in every single topic in the forum. This isn't Orwell's 1999. I think that the message was conveyed quite well by Thudman and that should be enough.

You are choosing to twist this into something it's not and that should be not only troubling to all these other members that you post with but the mini tirades that you continue to vent against Workhorse and or possibly me certainly isn't contributing toward making this topic any better.

The basic mission was accomplished here, Thudman shared useful information.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Thudman, I just stumbled onto this thread. Just wanted to say "Thank You".
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote