RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #1

Anyone installed rear Sumo Springs on a Workhorse P32?

All the reviews I can find seem to be for the F53 chassis. If you've installed them on the rear axle of your Workhorse P32, please tell me why you did and what you think afterwards.
Thanks!

rayellio77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2019, 06:01 PM   #2

Carolina Campers
I have a 2001 AirStream 30ft land Yacht I bought last year. I also didn't like the sway on the RV while driving. I installed the sumo springs bump stop on the rear (the originals were completely used up or gone). The sumo bump stops are much larger and connect on the frame and ride on top of the springs, so they quickly react to the rear springs moving up and down and stop a lot of the sway.

carolinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:40 AM   #3

2001 Fleetwood Flair with P32 chassis.

Installed Sumo springs on the rear to help with side to side sway and bottoming out of rear end. Yes, I weighed the MH and am below the recommended weight.

First impression of the Sumo springs was “WOW”. Why didn’t I do this sooner.
The side to side sway and bottoming out were eliminated completely. This mod coupled with the extended front sway bar bracket has created a very stable platform.

Over the years, I always felt that the rear suspension was lacking in some way, shape or form. After a thorough inspection, it was determined that the rear springs were sagging and needed help. The Sumos were carrying the entire load without issue.
I had the springs re-arched and a leaf added which brought the chassis back to proper ride height. I left the Sumos on which are now no longer in constant contact with the rear suspension, but do a great job of eliminating any bottoming out or excessive sway should the suspension flex that far.

So, in my opinion, the Sumos are a great addition to the P32 chassis.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #4

I installed them on my P32 Safari Trek shortly after I bought it in 2016, and feel they were a great bang for the buck in improving sway on the rear end. My coach already had a Track bar on the rear end thanks to a previous owner. Installation was fairly straight forward, though removing the old bump stops was a bit of a pain, also my spring pack had a bent alignment stud which was in the way, that I had to cut back.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #5

Thanks all for responding.
rayellio77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I know this this post is a few months old. But, I thought I would add my thoughts. I just installed the rear Sumosprings on my Damon Daybreak 3270 P32 Chassis. I can concur that removing the old bump stops is a pain. I managed to get the right rear off without damaging the old stop. But, the left one, the nut stripped and just spun. So, I had to cut off with a saw-saw. Installed the new springs without any issues.

I think the ride is a difference of night and day. I Use to have a problem with wind push from semi trucks. Not near as bad now!!! Can still fill a little, but nothing like it use to be. The side sway is gone!! Yes I think they are worth the money. I believe somewhere around 165.00 dollars.

My next investment will be to get rid of the airbags in front, and install some special made springs. Can't remember the name of them right now. But, I'm getting tired of checking air pressure all the time. Especially since I don't have the air line attached to the bags. I have to crawl under front to check air pressure. I know, I could run some air lines, just need a good reason to spend more money! LOL
Anyway, yes Sumospring for p32 are worth the money!!!

hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led, p32, workhorse