RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
There's a guy on YouTube his name is Kevin and he has a video showing an install it's pretty good. He does a lot of narrated videos.

2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
There's a guy on YouTube his name is Kevin and he has a video showing an install it's pretty good. He does a lot of narrated videos.

He is a member here.

vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You know that's right I did forget.
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Old 07-14-2017, 04:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
You know that's right I did forget.
He has done several videos, all are excellent and very informative.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #33

Commercial Member

J72 Parking Brake Control Kit - US2078

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
My understanding from prior threads is that this is, or can be, an issue with the controller board. Brezels has the best information and must have realized that a fix is required, or should be made available, since there isn't any support available from Workhorse. If I recall correctly, Brezels has refined this kit to the current version from one that required employing the original circuit board which was more complicated to install. The current kit appears to replace the problematic hardware and prevents any pressure release from the brake assembly using an inline valve.

Would love to see Brezels provide some background and more information on their kit in this thread. Would make a good reference for both current and future owners.
Hello all!
So to keep it simple, the factory control for the J72 parking brake pump fails for various reasons. So when it does fail, it can fail in one of two situations...Driving, or not driving.

Situation 1... Driving - The customer will be driving down the road, the brake alarm on the dash activates, and the brake applies. Just like that... in an instant you just spent a lot of money without your consent.

Situation 2.... Not driving - This would be the preferred method (If there is one). The customer gets up and packs up all the junk around the RV, pulls in the slides, buckles up, starts the coach, put's it in gear, and just like that...Nothing happens! You just can't move your coach.

In either of the situations when you bring it to a shop to have it fixed generally by the time it makes it there the controller works again. In situation 1 they will install a new brake on the back of the transmission, test it and all will seem to work just as designed and say here are your keys and away you go!... That is until you cook another brake the next time the controller decides for you to apply the brake. Once again you just spent more money without agreeing to.

Our kit replaces the factory control with one we designed that does not fail, and even if it does fail we install a line lock that our controller connects to that will not allow the brake to apply unless you physically put the coach into park or pull the yellow button on the dash. This kit is a known upfront cost in the setting that you choose, not a surprise you're spending thousands in a place you are towed to that does not know what they are dealing with.

If you have any question feel free to ask! I am not on the forums very often, but I am always on the phone.
Alan Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:18 AM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hard to rebut that. How about a group buy?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #35

Update: I wish. Basically waiting for pricing to format the quote. 2 weeks now. The RV industry is really bad at doing this process and of course we are at their mercy.
BLAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #36

Update: it has now been 4 weeks with absolutely no progress by the RV service I was guided to. So this morning I found a transmission shop that works on motorhomes. They are doing an evaluation.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow
Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #38

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
Update: it has now been 4 weeks with absolutely no progress by the RV service I was guided to. So this morning I found a transmission shop that works on motorhomes. They are doing an evaluation.

Have them call us if they have technical questions or need an outlet for the parts.
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post

OMG, that's awful. You never know when they tow you somewhere what you're going to get.

I am likely going to install the UltraSave once I return from the trip we are leaving for tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
OMG, that's awful. You never know when they tow you somewhere what you're going to get.

I am likely going to install the UltraSave once I return from the trip we are leaving for tomorrow.
What I know now, if the alarm goes off, get off the road and have it checked. Sorry I didn't. Save travels!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra RV Tech View Post
Have them call us if they have technical questions or need an outlet for the parts.
I plan to let them know. I gave the RV service manager your information but I don't think he called. I will be getting the kit one way or the other.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #42

Update: I struck out with the transmission shop. Unit too big for their lift. So back to where I was.