Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #15

Wireing diagran for electric pump operated Auto Park-

I ran acoss this in some of the thinges I had downloaded right after we got our coach. It may be of help to those who have this setup. I have been an electritan for 46 years and have made hand drawings of older pieces of production equipment at the plant when I had to. Who ever drew this up did an excellent job. My compliments to him-

Pat - KB5EGN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto Park.version III schematic diagram.jpg
Views:	5609
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	7737  
Thumper221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #16

Placement of components-

Placement of components in the above digram-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Version III circuit diagram with notes.jpg
Views:	13444
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	7738  
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you for posting AutoPark diagrams, they are very nice to have. I am in fact picking up my last part needed for total rebuild of AP brake system. Short cable from actuator arms to rear of brake backing plate. Had to order.
Thanks,
Free Bird
Free Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #18

Thank You Tooooo-

I thought some members would have use for it. I had a broken line on ours after we first bought it and with a little help from Olduserbear, managed to get it going. The only other problems we had with it was the foot break cable had stretched so much I couldent adjust it any more and replaced it. Just before we sold it I had to grease the cam and cam follower, the grease had dried up and was making it very hard to go out of park, once you were out of park you were ok. I eventualy comverted mine to streight cable operation about 3 years before I sold it and didnt regret it a bit. The hand operated break gave pice of mind all the time we had it. Only problem was because it worked backwards, when you killed the engine, before you could get out of the drivers seat on the right hand side you had to let the break leaver down to the floor whitch applied it, or try to step over it, and getting empailed on it.

Pat - KB5EGN
Old 01-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #19

Cool P30 MH service manual-

This is a link to a Chevy P30 Motorhome service manual - Its allso downloadable.

P30 Chevrolet Motorhome Chassis Manual

Enjoy - Kathy - KB5RLM - Pats better half.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper221 View Post
This is a link to a Chevy P30 Motorhome service manual - Its allso downloadable.

P30 Chevrolet Motorhome Chassis Manual
Kathy, Thank you for the resource. I'll see if I can position it in the stickies for future reference.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #21

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper221 View Post
I ran acoss this in some of the thinges I had downloaded right after we got our coach. It may be of help to those who have this setup. I have been an electritan for 46 years and have made hand drawings of older pieces of production equipment at the plant when I had to. Who ever drew this up did an excellent job. My compliments to him-

Pat - KB5EGN
Pat....
Thanks for the flowers.
I am the author of this drawing and made it up for the simple reason that I have a difficult trying to troubleshoot from wiring diagrams. Most of the drawings that I have run across are in fact wiring diagrams and only show where the wires go and not what's really happening with the system as a true schematic does. Thing is, I'm not absolutely sure that it's entirely correct in every detail and was hoping that our resident expert (oldusedbear) would someday either revise or put his stamp of approval on it. Either way it does give one a pretty good idea of the system's functions for those who are versed in the reading of schematic diagrams.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #22

Hi Tropical - - If you would email me a copy I'd be glad to look at it. The copy here on the forum is quite faded on my screen, and pretty hard for the old eyes to examine.

You could send it to oldusedbear@nwtec.com

tnx - - oub
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #23

Please be advised that the AAPB should never be considered as an emergency brake. There is very little friction material on the shoes even when new. Two AAPB applications at speed, which were brought about by the inadequate ignition circuit and switch failure, were enough to wipe out The AAPB brake shoes on my coach. Also, the heat generated melted the nylon sheath within the end of the cable that operates the brake fulcrum. So, use the AAPB as a park brake only. Since 2003: shoes, cable, 2-RGS switches, yearly system flushes, 1 replacement pump motor. The motor is poorly sealed against water intrusion. Both the motor and pump reservoir were subjected to raw weather elements until a coach was built around them. A rubber curtain can be affixed over them to keep driven rain off. As the reservoir vent is facing front, water tends to collect there and will be sucked into the system when the AAPB is released. Workhorse=
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moisture in the fluid will freeze and render the system inoperative when it gets cold enough.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Please be advised that the AAPB should never be considered as an emergency brake.
TandW, Thank you for bringing that up! Under NO circumstances should a foot apply or any other parking device be considered an "Emergency Brake."
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #26

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Pat....
Thanks for the flowers.
I am the author of this drawing and made it up for the simple reason that I have a difficult trying to troubleshoot from wiring diagrams. Most of the drawings that I have run across are in fact wiring diagrams and only show where the wires go and not what's really happening with the system as a true schematic does. Thing is, I'm not absolutely sure that it's entirely correct in every detail and was hoping that our resident expert (oldusedbear) would someday either revise or put his stamp of approval on it. Either way it does give one a pretty good idea of the system's functions for those who are versed in the reading of schematic diagrams.
The guru has spoken (oldusedbear) and says we're good to go with the schematic even though it's possible that a detail or two might be missing. There are other schematics out there that many will like better, but I like the ladder or across the line type for trouble shooting.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #27

Will this idea work on a 1999 Damon Daybreak. The brake is locked up now and both lights are on.
dcso62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #28

dcso62 - - We've just resolved a password issue I was having (my thanks to those who fixed it for me) but have been off stream for a few days.

Email me at oldusedbear@nwtec.com and we can get you going. The amount of info we normally exchange on these projects is too much for the private message systems.

Get in touch and we'll be in business.

oldusedbear at the AutoPark Library