Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #1

"Auto Park" light

First of this isn't the "parking brake" light, the pressure switch is still good, the trans brake seems to be operating normally shifting from park to drive as well as activating the parking brake on and off

So with that said randomly the other day the auto park light on our 2000 Newman isn't going off. Any thoughts or ideas where to start or what to look for?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #2

Go to AutoPark parking brake system help, troubleshooting, and repair and start reading, you will see that there are multiple things that can cause the lamp to light up. The important thing is don't ignore it.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2000 RV on a 1999 P32 chassis - probably the same chassis as yours. I saw those indications last year and replaced the RGS with a spare I had (about 15 minute job) and it fixed my problem.
I'm not an expert, but here are some thoughts:
The pump has it's own internal pressure shut down (at a higher PSI than the RGS) that may be creating a false impression that the pressure switch (RGS) is good. The RGS can short out causing a constant pump run order then your AutoPark's pressure is too high and being regulated by the pump.

If it was me (and it was last year) I'd replace both the RGS and pressure switches then test it - if it isn't fixed keep those switches as spares and
Contact oldusedbear (Rodger) via email (his info is in the above link) he'll walk you thru T/S ing it.
Here are parts info:
http://oemys-performance.com/autoparkparts.htm
Note: some feel the Brown pressure switch (15034355) is of better quality than the Green pressure switch (15961566).
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #4

Auto Park Brake Shoes

I needed to replace the Auto park brake shoes and I found that I could go to several places and get the original shoes number 15619929. The price ranges from $87.00 up to over $130.00. After much investigation I was able to get a set, actually 4 shoes from AutoZone for only $25.00. I just asked for number 449 shoes and they had them in stock. Installed as originals and seem to work great.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:26 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdorn View Post
I needed to replace the Auto park brake shoes and I found that I could go to several places and get the original shoes number 15619929. The price ranges from $87.00 up to over $130.00. After much investigation I was able to get a set, actually 4 shoes from AutoZone for only $25.00. I just asked for number 449 shoes and they had them in stock. Installed as originals and seem to work great.
Tim, this is good info - would you please start a new post/thread titled 'AutoPark brake shoes' and paste this info in it please. That will make it easier to find.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light