Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #1

Auto Park Version I ??

I have a 1993 Holiday Rambler on a Chevy P30 chassis and best I can figure its the Version I model. It runs off the power steering pump.

My question relates to the gear shift adjustment. The unit is working fine other than I have to "hunt" through the PND21 to get it to release.

It stopped releasing in the R a while back and still released if I hunted in the D21 range.

There must be some sort of adjustment on it somewhere and I have searched all over this site for a procedure with no success.

Can anyone point me the right direction on the adjustment for this model.

As always!!! thanks in advance for any help. Jerry
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #2

The right direction is to first use SEARCH for other autopark posts. You will find references to Roger Hagg AKA oldusedbear. He is the Best Person On The Planet when it comes to the Autopark design issues, and cures!

oldusedbear11@charter.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff2c View Post
I have a 1993 Holiday Rambler on a Chevy P30 chassis and best I can figure its the Version I model. It runs off the power steering pump.

My question relates to the gear shift adjustment. The unit is working fine other than I have to "hunt" through the PND21 to get it to release.

It stopped releasing in the R a while back and still released if I hunted in the D21 range.

There must be some sort of adjustment on it somewhere and I have searched all over this site for a procedure with no success.

Can anyone point me the right direction on the adjustment for this model.

As always!!! thanks in advance for any help. Jerry
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #3

thanks I searched and can't find it on the Version I... only info is on Version II
Old 11-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #4

did I ever mention I hate daylight savings time"

hard to work in the dark, and it's raining to boot
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #5

did you make sure your nsbu switch is still good
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff2c View Post
thanks I searched and can't find it on the Version I... only info is on Version II
Save yourself a LOT of searching and frustration....contact Roger via email to: oldusedbear11@charter.net

He is THE MAN when it comes to J71 AAPB, and I don't think he is too young and won't know about your version 1 unit. He has seen them ALL!
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #7

I'm going to have to remove an inner panel on the drivers side wheel well. I can see a valve that is connected to the shifter mechanism on the opposite side of the shift cable.

My guess is that rod pushes on that valve to release pressure to activate the release of the brake. I'm guessing there must be some sort of adjustment there. Well I hope that's the case

Working on it in the dark doesn't make it any easier... unfortunately I still have to work

I sent oldusedbear an email and await his response.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #8

Well oldusedbear comes though again. After getting a response to my email oldusedbear referred to this as the control valve.

With that information I Google searched and found this diagram. This will be very helpful in the next part of my trouble shooting.

I wanted to make sure I came back and finished this thread in hopes it will help the next person that runs into this issue.

thanks to all that help here!

Old 11-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #9

Ok, so I get home armed with the diagram and figure I'll try and lube some parts first. looking at figure (A) parts 40 to 38ish are some sort of plunger system that could get crusty over time.
I live in Fl so salt on the roads is not an issue, so my MH is in really good condition underneath.
I could just get my hand in there with a little bottle of 3in1 oil. I gave it a few squirts and went inside and started her up.

Well the good news is it is now working in the ND21 positions, I figure over time R will also get better the more I use it and the more the oil gets in and lubes it up.

I will wait a few weeks or so and report back on any additional ups or downs.

this place has been a great resource for me and ARRRVY (my kids named it and he now has pirate theme). thanks to all that share here. Jerry
Old 12-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #10

AHHH. Looks like it will need additional service.

BUT! mine has the foot brake and the auto-park. I disconnected the auto-park cable and am just using the foot brake to activate the driveshaft drum brake. works fine for the time being.