Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #15

you may or may not find a SN. I have a BO tow bar that they insist has to have a SN etched on it. I can NOT find anything, anywhere on it. I offered to send it back to them to prove I was right, but they said that was not necessary and sent the parts I needed at no charge.

RE: your TC, if it were mine I would have it removed immediately to avoid another possible lock up. You don't HAVE to have one at all. Does yours look anything like the one pictured on their website in the link (above post) ??
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #16

I'm going to send in what numbers I did find. On the sticker on the cylinder was 292-6048. Etched was a long number very hard to read. My TruCenter looks like the one onnthe BO site but without the rubber boot. Mine lookws like a older version.

Craig
cef2lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #17
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cef2lion View Post
I'm going to send in what numbers I did find. On the sticker on the cylinder was 292-6048. Etched was a long number very hard to read. My TruCenter looks like the one onnthe BO site but without the rubber boot. Mine lookws like a older version.

Craig
If you don't have the rubber boot you probably have an older version. As the recall states, the problem was with dirt getting into the Tru Center, and the boot was one thing they added to help prevent that problem.

Although only specific ranges of serial numbers were included in the recall, ours wasn't included and it still failed. BTW, I can't remember where the S/N is, but Blue Ox has a habit of putting them on paper labels, which only last about a year.

The Tru Center should be attached to a plate that is bolted under the left front spring and to a plate held to the tie rod by 2 U-bolts. To remove the Tru Center, just remove the 2 large bolts that hold it to the 2 plates. You can leave the plate under the spring and the one on the tie rod in place. In fact, if you do, it will be easier to reinstall the Tru Center later. However, the 2 large bolts will be tight and may be rusted. The smaller nuts that hold the plate under the spring and on the U-bolts will probably be easier to remove if you can't get the big ones off. If there is no plug to disconnect the wire (my original Tru Center had no plug, but the replacement one did), just cut the wire and tape up the ends. You can splice the new wire on later. I think the wires are different colors, so polarity won't be an issue.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #18

BO gave me an RMA number on returning my current unit. The numbers I sent off the unit do not match a model number. They said mine would be the TC35160 or TC35270. The last three digits reference the lbs rating on the unit. 160lbs or 270lbs. Under the application guide for the TruCenter the TC35270 is listed for all WorkHorse models. I will be getting a replacement TC35270 model.

I'm going to pull the old unit and get it ready to ship back and wait on the replacement unit to come in. I can debate installing it but at least I will have a new model should I install it. I have a few trips coming up and I might go one without it and see how it handles for a comparision.

Craig
Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #19

I pulled the unit off tonight.got a better look at the numbers etched on the side. Very interesting. TC35DEMO 0503-00006. Need to pass this along to BO prior to shipping.

Craig