RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #1

Brake issue (workhorse p32)

Hey everyone!

I am dealing with an issue that multiple mechanics cannot figure out.

Recap of incident: I was driving on the highway, I went to apply my brakes and the pedal went all the way to the ground and I had very soft brakes. The brake warning light came on. I Pulled over and towed the motorhome to a mechanic. I had the master cylinder replaced.

The issue is, the brake light is still on and beeping. The mechanic couldnít figure out why the brake light was still on. He bled the brakes and checked the calibers. All was fine.

I called another mechanic from another shop. He bled the brakes, checked the brakes and fluid, all was fine.

He couldnít figure out why the light was on either...

The next morning, I started the motorhome and the autopark light came on. I noticed that I didnít hear the pump for the autopark. I decided to change the relay. I put a new relay on, and by pure luck, the pump started working like usual. The autopark light turned off as per usual. But, the brake light and buzzer is still on. I do have a separate light for ABS.

I have a 2004 Chevy workhorse holiday rambler SE. I believe the chassis is a 2003 p32, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have any idea why my brake warning light is on? Could it be something electrical which is why my relay went bad for the autopark brake motor?

Thanks in advance everyone!

16paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #2

If you have a 2003 P32 chassis it will have the J71 AAPB. The best free source for info about that system is: AutoPark parking brake system help, troubleshooting, and repair

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the comment.

I dont believe it would be the auto park though. It was my regular brakes that initially had the issue.

I did reach out to oldusedbear once the autopark light came on, but since the relay fixed that issue, there was nothing further that needed to be done with the autopark.

The autopark light is now off and is functioning normal. But, the brake warning light is still on and beeping. Brakes seem to be working fine. I feel like they don’t stop as quick as they did before.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #4

If the MC has a switch in the side, there may be a shuttle in it that sets the light.

You will need to blead the MC at the lines to center it, putting out the light.

We have also kicked the brake pedal, hard, to shut off the light. In some cases it worked.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 AM   #5

twinboat- Interesting... i will try this and see what it does. I don’t know too much about brakes, so I appreciate any and all comments.

To add to the issue, my “reduced engine power” warning came on today. The motorhome drives normal, but now the check engine light is on... I am thinking that this has to be power related somehow. I am at a loss.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #6

Twinboat- there is no switch/sensor on this Master cylinder...

I did reach out to a shop near me to see if they will give it a look.

Any further help would be great!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

OK, follow the lines out of the master cylinder. They may lead to a proportining valve. 2 lines in and 2 lines out.

If it has one and has a wire connection on it, that may need to be reset.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #8

I had a problem with a 2004 and it was a fuse for abs
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
OK, follow the lines out of the master cylinder. They may lead to a proportining valve. 2 lines in and 2 lines out.

If it has one and has a wire connection on it, that may need to be reset.
X2 This is my opinion too. It's just a guess.

speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, p32, workhorse