Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"Please record your problem with Workhorse."
I have filed a complaint with NHTSA.

I also called Workhorse 877-246-7731 (Recall Center) after listening to their recording of Q&A's twice I pressed the Customer Service button #3. I got someone who said I didn't need to register my failure with them that the service center would do that when I take it in to verify a failure. Then W/H would authorize repairs. Hope this works as simple as it sounds.
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamerman View Post
I got someone who said I didn't need to register my failure with them that the service center would do that when I take it in to verify a failure.
OK, everyone with a VIN# on a W Series 20-22 from 01 to 07 is already pre-registered.

If you are on the road with a brake failure by all means call Workhorse Roadside Assistance. If anyone chooses to call NHTSA they might be waiting for a while ....
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #17

Travel

The short answer is Yes. I have had the same brake lock up more that once.

For a 3 month period I traved the same route about 6 times. The first 150 miles was freeway then I would get into a 4 lane hwy with traffic lights. My first brake lock up was when I got to the four lane hwy the 1rst of these 6 trips. After that I had all my calipers removed, cleaned lubed and reinstalled. On the next trip the same thing occured in the same area to the same caliper. I then had the locking caliper replaced. The next trip had a different caliper problem but in the same place on the road. I then had that caliper replaced and change the brake fluid. This solved my brake issues for 19 months. I recently had a 3rd caliper get tight so I changed it along with the brake fluid.
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"If anyone chooses to call NHTSA they might be waiting for a while .... "

DriVer.... I did my NHTSA complaint online. It was fast, simple and did not get any lip from anyone. But, not sure if it goes anywhere either. LOL
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamerman View Post
DriVer.... I did my NHTSA complaint online.
No objection to calling NHTSA at all. I was only being humorous if one was to expect that a NHTSA service truck would show up to do roadside assistance.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote