Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Brake recall

Hey there, I have a question re: my son's family MH and the workhorse caliper recall. Sorry I know this topic probably has been beat up a lot. He has a 06? Fleetwood/south wind on a workhorse chassis. A month or more ago while traveling on the freeway the brakes literally started locking up and smelled like they were on fire. After close calls he was able to get it off the freeway. It was a scary event for them and their 4 kids. Must a had an angel watching over them ..It was towed to a truck shop near the incident and after several weeks the brake calipers were replaced. At around $2,400 later it is home. I told him about the recall on workhorse and we looked it up online and his Vin # was in fact a recall. He was never contacted about it or heard about it. He called the number I found and was basically told..Too bad So sad.. maybe because work was not done by a workhorse co. however it happened out of town and they had no way of knowing about the recall. I know that workhorse is with another co. now but does anyone know of any contacts on this. Can they maybe go to a small claims court thing. Any advise would be highly appreciated.
Thanks Barney
God Bless America.
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Contacts ?: Contact Us
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlin44 View Post
Hey there, I have a question re: my son's family MH and the workhorse caliper recall........ I told him about the recall on workhorse and we looked it up online and his Vin # was in fact a recall. He was never contacted about it or heard about it. He called the number I found and was basically told..Too bad So sad.. maybe because work was not done by a workhorse co. however it happened out of town and they had no way of knowing about the recall........ Thanks Barney
God Bless America.
If the recall was not completed prior, Navistar is still on the hook for the recall, but they will only pay to complete the recall at one of their Workhorse Authorized Service Centers.

Regarding your son never being notified about the recall, I'm assuming he is not the original owner. Unless a subsequent buyer notifies them and becomes the owner of record, they mail the notices about the recall to the original owner's address, because that is all they have in the warranty database.

If you provide the last 8 digits (only) of the chassis vin #, I can see what is in their records regarding recall and owner of record, and let you know.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
If the recall was not completed prior, Navistar is still on the hook for the recall, but they will only pay to complete the recall at one of their Workhorse Authorized Service Centers.

Regarding your son never being notified about the recall, I'm assuming he is not the original owner. Unless a subsequent buyer notifies them and becomes the owner of record, they mail the notices about the recall to the original owner's address, because that is all they have in the warranty database.

If you provide the last 8 digits (only) of the chassis vin #, I can see what is in their records regarding recall and owner of record, and let you know.
I'm the third owner of my MH, would you be able to check mine also, I have gone on many web sites and found nothing, last 8 are 63412173 Thanks
ajf009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf009 View Post
I'm the third owner of my MH, would you be able to check mine also, I have gone on many web sites and found nothing, last 8 are 63412173 Thanks
WELCOME to irv2.com

That is for a 2006 W-22, owner of record last name is Boyce. All three campaigns are complete, including the BOSCH brake recall. PM me if you need more info. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, recall