Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, as November 1. They are moving to Syracuse, NY
7030 Interstate Island Road
Syracuse, NY 13209
RV Accessories
(866) 393-6439
RV Dealership
(888) 501-6903
CaptKurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
brake recall completed

Had my recall done at International Truck in Georgetown, Ky. Took it in on Tuesday of last week and got it back on Thursday. Asked them to flush brake fluid and grease chassis. When backing on to grease rack caught edge of rack and punctured inside tire. They replaced with new like Michelin. It was ready when I got there and they handed me the keys and said I was good to go. No charge for anything.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjer View Post
Not sure why my pads that came off were "chipped" but they were. Never seen this before on any pads, has anyone [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jerry/Desktop/IMG_20101014_101242.jpg[/IMG]else?
rvjer, The link you provided is to your local hard drive. That will not work unfortunately but luck for you you are not going to have to deliver hundreds of views from your PC.

Try using the iRV2 Photo Gallery. It will normally re-size the pic so it's usable here. If you continue to click on the pic, it'll display the original size. Have you looked in the Bosch Pin Slide manual, there are a few case studies of brake pads.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer,

Tried to use the photo gallery but it just says it is too big to post. Haven't looked at the Bosh site yet but will try to find it.

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
rvjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anyone know what the cost of a "pin slide kit" for one caliper should cost. I was charged 56 dollars for 1 kit for my right front caliper when I had the recall done. Sounds expensive to me. Was told the original pins were frozen and had to be replaced. Need to know before I rate the dealer who did the recall. With "shop supplies" total cost was $60.50. Should Workhorse have picked up the tab for the pin replacement?

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjer View Post
Tried to use the photo gallery but it just says it is too big to post. Haven't looked at the Bosh site yet but will try to find it.
If you have the ability to do so. Load the pic on your PC. Once it's loaded perhaps you can open it with the typical photo editor software that normally comes with the camera whether that's Canon, Nikon, HP or whatever. Save the pic as a lower resolution. Ta-Da! Upload same.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #21

I needed some minor body work done at a local RV repair shop (which happens to also be a Workhorse authorized shop). The service manager asked whether I wanted the brake recall work to be done while they had it for the body work. Needless to say I said yes, and it was done. I hadn't been in a hurry for the brake recall work as I never had a problem with the brakes. It seems that if you have had brake problems, it takes forever, if you've had no problems, its done quickly.
wazone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, lets see if this picture works.

IMG_20101014_101242.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20101014_101242.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	6151  

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
rvjer-

The easiest think to do to post pictures is to re-set (reducing it) your camera pixel settings (a menu item) to something like 640x480.

(It goes right in then)--,

Good luck,

Max
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Max,

Thanks, that is the logical way to do it but that's one thing I have never been accused of. It looks like I got it to work anyway.

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #25

Dropped mine off yesterday at 1030 am for a monday appointment , got a call 330 pm come and get , it's all done. No charge. Rt 44 RV service Lakeville Ma. Very happy now , even though I had no problems it was always on my mind every time I stopped and I would shoot the rotor temps with a infared gun. Terry
Old 10-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak View Post
Very happy now , even though I had no problems it was always on my mind every time I stopped and I would shoot the rotor temps with a infared gun.
Terry, I don't believe that you would have had any problems for a couple more years because it takes time for the seizure to set in. Now that you have your new brakes, remember to change your brake fluid periodically.