Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #1

Brake recall questions-Workhorse

Hello all,
We bought a used 04 Damon Challenger 21K miles in May 2009- Now has 31K miles. The vehicle sat from fall '07 to May '09. This is a Workhorse W22 chassis. It was inspected in April '09 and brake pads were all within wear limits. A couple of questions:
1) Were all owners notified, or was the interim notice 50901-C a general release until they have the action plan set after ntsb approves the recall? Do we need to register with Workhorse and where do we do that?
2) Our unit does not drag/smell or roll poorly- there does not seem to be a problem BUT.... at times after 2-3 hours of driving and I slow down for whatever reason the ABS light comes on. It will reset as soon I stop and the iginition is turned off and back on and dash goes through its diagnostic cycle. From what I am reading I have to assume that one or more of the ABS sensors must be damaged and as heat builds up they trip and "sense" a problem. It does seem to be happening more frequently-1X/driving day vs 1X every 2-3driving days when we first got it. Does this mean this chassis is a candidate for some sort of immediate action or do I wait and get in line with the rest of the crowd. Any info would be appreciated-
thanks
Andrei
sgrecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrecu View Post
1) Were all owners notified, or was the interim notice 50901-C a general release until they have the action plan set after ntsb approves the recall? Do we need to register with Workhorse and where do we do that?
All registered owners should have been notified. If you did not receive a Interim Letter then I would suspect that the vin # at Workhorses still shows the previous owners address. I would go to the Workhorse site and register yourself as the current owner.

Quote:
2) Our unit does not drag/smell or roll poorly- there does not seem to be a problem BUT.... at times after 2-3 hours of driving and I slow down for whatever reason the ABS light comes on. It will reset as soon I stop and the iginition is turned off and back on and dash goes through its diagnostic cycle.
If it we me.. I would pull the sensors, clean them, lube them and reseat them before I did anything else. There is a How To on my website.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrecu View Post
sgrecu, All owners of record should have received a notice. If you would like me to check to see if you are the owner of record please send me in eMail the last 8 digits of your VIN# to mpelchat@irv2.com.

You can have your own copy of the Interim Notice and the Glove Box Card including the NHTSA Campaign Notification right here.

Quote:
Does this mean this chassis is a candidate for some sort of immediate action or do I wait and get in line with the rest of the crowd. Any info would be appreciated.
Please read the articles in the Interim Notice and refer to the Glove Box Card. If any of those conditions apply to you, call Workhorse Roadside Assistance at 877-246-7731.

It does appear that you are subject to the recall.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote