Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #43

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
This just doesn't look like any horse that I have seen. I know these by a different name.

Okay, so regarding the illustration and attempt at leading the creature to water who is going to own up to being the "pull-ee" or the "pusher"....?
Anybody taken bets?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post
Richard,

I'm just a few years younger than you and will be darned if I'm going to have something that MAY happen dictate how to live my life. I drove from Austin area to Denver this past weekend and am heading over the Rockies to far west Colorado this Thursday. If I was to constantly worry about what might happen, I would've had an ulcer years ago. If something bad happens, so be it. I'm going to enjoy what little time I may have remaining in my life.
I commend you Denny for your attitude, we've had 2 on the road failures(one in 08 and one in 09) and still have one orig. caliper left. Just don't want it to fail in a mountain pass. Good luck to you.

Richard
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
jdsr, I don't know what Workhorse Shop you are talking about or what kind of math you are using but it took 45 minutes for 2 men to do the brakes on my rear axle and stood there and watched them do it. One doesn't need to do the math to see how much negative spin you will purposefully apply on any subject or any person in regard to Workhorse, its service facilities or people that try to to help people through this difficult issue.

Bosch is in the driver's seat and there isn't anything that can be done to make them produce these parts any faster than they want do. If things aren't moving fast enough for you perhaps you should contact NHTSA at 888-327-4236.
WOW, I guess as far as your concerned some cant have a opinion that differs from yours or you will attack them personnaly. You call it negative and those of us that dont get paid by wh call it facts. Well guess again this is fact. I also watched them work on mine, never left. I dont need spin. The proofs in the evidence. I love your comment about me calling nhtsa. About 4 years ago You tried to stop me from notifying member about nhtsa and how to report a brake failure and As I remember thats what you told me everytime I informed a member all the while you were saying there wasnt a brake problem, just bad drivers, lack of use, no maint, no zerk fittings, riding the brakes, not flushing the brake fluid,(BTW there's not one sentence in my manual or any manual of a chassis under recall about flushing the brakes)ect,ect. Oh I know you have 80,000 plus miles on your mh. Hum lets see, 80,000 miles times 50 cent a mile( IRS rate) is 40,000 dollors that you made from wh, amoung other monies you recieve. Kinda make me want to go camping. Have a nice day
Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
Have a nice day
Aside from a deep resentment you don't have a thing to hang your hat on and you know it and that's too bad. All I read it that laundry list of yours is nothing that I haven't repeated to many hundreds of people already in person and in print.

There is no way that it can take 9 hours to replace every brake part on a rear axle of a W series motorhome. You sir were taken to the cleaners .... and don't even say that Larry's Shop that took 9 hours on a single axle.

I am flattered at the amount of energy that you expend in trying to portray me as bad person. Like we say in South Carolina, that dog just won't hunt.

In closing, calling NHTSA is not my idea, it's Workhorse's.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Aside from a deep resentment you don't have a thing to hang your hat on and you know it and that's too bad. All I read it that laundry list of yours is nothing that I haven't repeated to many hundreds of people already in person and in print.

There is no way that it can take 9 hours to replace every brake part on a rear axle of a W series motorhome. You sir were taken to the cleaners .... and don't even say that Larry's Shop that took 9 hours on a single axle.

I am flattered at the amount of energy that you expend in trying to portray me as bad person. Like we say in South Carolina, that dog just won't hunt.

In closing, calling NHTSA is not my idea, it's Workhorse's.
Once again if you cant disprove something or if our facts differ from your opinion you personnaly attack members. I have the paperwork on my repairs and I guess you think we believe yours took 45 minutes. lol. I dont understand Why you getting 50 cent a mile plus other expences be percieved as you doing a bad thing unless if someone reads your posts as being bias towards wh. Heck 40,000 dollors for gas alone is money in the bank. Lets go camping.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #48

George, over the years of changing my own brake fluid I have noticed that the pedal will become much mushier or go further down with only one side full than it will with both sides full and unheatd. I just returned from Fl. and drove like I had no brakes at all and it worked out ok. I tested my new brake monitor system and it gave only one alarm and that was during a sudden rain storm and the temps dropped rapidly. The monitor showed a leak but it turned out to be false. It was probably due to the temp in the tire dropping so fast that it looked like a leak. I started looking as far ahead as I could to the next red light and the traffic flow ahead to adjust my speed. I was planning to go to Key West this June for a wedding but think I will fly instead. That is just for peace of mind. I would like someone like Driver or Ed to tell us how long they estimate it to take for those of us who will be waiting in line to get our new brakes. Six months, a year or longer?
inspectorudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
Heck 40,000 dollors for gas alone is money in the bank. Lets go camping.
What you don't realize is that we have to spend the money first in order to get reimbursed. None of the 6 ambassadors makes any money at this however we remain willing to help anyone work through this issue by traveling where they are and sharing their stories and experiences.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
That is just for peace of mind. I would like someone like Driver or Ed to tell us how long they estimate it to take for those of us who will be waiting in line to get our new brakes. Six months, a year or longer?
inspectorudy, I believe that the flow of information about this issue has improved significantly. I wish I could tell you definitely what the time line is going to be like but like Ollie North said, "That's beyond my paygrade!"

The BEST information is located here @ www.workhorse.com/brakeresourcecenter

As soon as any information about when owners can begin to receive recall letters is available, I expect that you'll hear it from the ambassadors first.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
George, over the years of changing my own brake fluid I have noticed that the pedal will become much mushier or go further down with only one side full than it will with both sides full and unheatd. I just returned from Fl. and drove like I had no brakes at all and it worked out ok. I tested my new brake monitor system and it gave only one alarm and that was during a sudden rain storm and the temps dropped rapidly. The monitor showed a leak but it turned out to be false. It was probably due to the temp in the tire dropping so fast that it looked like a leak. I started looking as far ahead as I could to the next red light and the traffic flow ahead to adjust my speed. I was planning to go to Key West this June for a wedding but think I will fly instead. That is just for peace of mind. I would like someone like Driver or Ed to tell us how long they estimate it to take for those of us who will be waiting in line to get our new brakes. Six months, a year or longer?
Thanks for the info. When I had failures I never lost pedal, in fact the first time my pedal got higher. What tire monitor do you use? Talked to my local WH repair center Monday and they still had heard nothing about new caliper availability. They have many regular customers on a list for ordering the replacement parts when the time comes.

George
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #52

How long NOW has it been since we have recieved any OFFICIAL news about WHEN the new calipers will become available??? Also WHY are they not updating this process?

Richard
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
How long NOW has it been since we have recieved any OFFICIAL news about WHEN the new calipers will become available??? Also WHY are they not updating this process?

Richard
If "no news is good news" it doesn`t get any better than this
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans View Post
How long NOW has it been since we have received any OFFICIAL news about WHEN the new calipers will become available??? Also WHY are they not updating this process?
Richard, Keep you eye on the ball right here: Brake Resource Center

I was NOT aware that we received any official news about when the new calipers will become available other than was has already been released by the technical group this past spring at the West Coast Owner's Rally.

At that time they were projecting October as a target time frame however being repetitive; "When a sufficient quantity of replacement parts have been received by Uptime Parts, Workhorse will commence the 50901-C Bosch Caliper Brake Recall." The Bosch "NextGen" (new) calipers as of this moment are currently being manufactured and shipped. I expect that a quantity of these are also being supplied to several OEMs for new chassis builds in both the RV and commercial sector since they are no longer manufacturing the old caliper.

No one is out to delay the implementation of this recall. I fully expect it to be up and operational within a short period of time. Workhorse is as anxious as we owners are if not more so to get this issue off the radar screen.

In the meantime, here's an update; A new document has been added to the Library;

Workhorse Technical Report Number 4
"Periodic Change of Brake Fluid a Good Idea"

This document puts forward the concept of replacing our brake fluid every 24 months or 24,000 whichever comes first. This is good for now and especially excellent advice as to how to keep our new calipers working like new for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #55

OK for now. I can't remember knowing about the Oct. date, thanks Mike.

Richard
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I guess if we had a braking system that worked and didnt overheat, we wouldnt need to change the fluid. Maybe thats why gm and some others dont reccomend changing their brake fluid. Change the fluid daily but untill we get a brake system tht works it wont matter.