Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #1

Need help on a P32 w/tag, the problem is after I drive 30 mi. then hit stop and go traffic I loose the brake peddle. I have replace the Hyro Booster didn't solve the problem. I sill have brakes but the peddle goes to the floor.
Thanks for any help
Daryl
ingramsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #2

Need help on a P32 w/tag, the problem is after I drive 30 mi. then hit stop and go traffic I loose the brake peddle. I have replace the Hyro Booster didn't solve the problem. I sill have brakes but the peddle goes to the floor.
Thanks for any help
Daryl
Old 05-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I beleive the first thing you should check is your wheel bearings. If the wheel bearings are loose they will push the caliper pistons back and when you first step on the pedal after driving for a while it takes more fluid to fill the pistons and the pedal goes way down.( JUST A THOUGHT )
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #4

Brakes are drum would this make a differants?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If pumping the pedal helps, speed racer has one idea of what to check alth I don't think the shoes can be pushed out by a wobbly wheel like disc brakes could. I could be wrong tho. Bleeding and making sure you have no leaks and master cylinder full is a good thing to check.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #6

Can not find amy leaks,when the pedal gets soft pumping does not help. It only goes back to normal after it cools. The only thing I know to do is to replace master cylinder. Stll open to new ideals