Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 AM   #1

Camber 1995 Georgie Boy P-30

How is the camber set on the 95 Chevy chassis? Does the the top a-frames adjust by spacers are do they have the off set bolts in them? There is a big difference in the price of getting the front end alighned if it has the spacers. This has the 16k front end on it. I can't see spending a 1k on getting it alighned. Thanks Ronnie
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2016, 06:00 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Our you positive it is a P-30 and not a P32?
Old 06-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #3

I really don't know, haven't had it long and really don't know how to figure it out.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie mopar View Post
I really don't know, haven't had it long and really don't know how to figure it out.
Vin number

start here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/p-ser...ned-21035.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/vin-decoding-69242.html post #10
Old 06-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have a 95 P37 chassis (aka P32) my alignment was $75.00

http://users.sisna.com/cebula/P-Chas...entProcess.pdf
Old 06-18-2016, 11:11 PM   #6

one simple way to do a basic check of Camber is to put the coach on a level lot, make sure the tires are aired the same.. now take a 4 ft long carpenter level and place it on the tire in a vertical position... the offset of the bubble will give you a rough idea of how far the camber is off... the technical explanation of Camber is the Inward (-) tilt of the kingpin at the top... the outward tilt is (+).. Camber is a tire wear angle and needs to be as close to zero as possible...

If it has control arms as you suggest and not a straight axle across the front end.. you can see if it has cams, or shims.... BTW - I've not seen shims in a modern vehicle in many years...

Hope this helps...
jelag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:14 AM   #7

It has the the a-frames it is not a straight axle. I'm going to try to see if I can see enough of it today to see if it has has spacers in it, the guy said it would take him a full day to align if it had the spacers in it.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #8

OK, I went out and checked it this morning, it does have spacers in it. I have put the new Henderson springs, bell crank and bell crank idler arm on it. Should this have changed the camber? I think it is now setting at about original height. The steering wheel changed postions about 1/4" after I replaced the bell crank and arm. I just can't see where it would take 8 hours to set the camber and toe in on it.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
After changing the bell crank and arms you will need an alignment. I cant see why it would take 8 hours. I had the lower ball joints, lube, front alignment along with steer tires replaced and it took less then 8 hours and the cost was $1100 ( 1 year ago)

Two months ago I had the hydro boost, master cylinder changed out and that took him 7 hrs. He charged me $540.00 for the job.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #10

This is at the only truck place around with a machine they can get it on, I think the closet RV place for is Floyds in Norman. Have to call them tom. There were several said they would set the toe in but won't mess with the camber
Old 06-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The one place I take mine has a 12 foot door and I just fit under it. I need to pull in the side mirrors but it works. I would think in the city there would be more then one place to get the work done.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #12

I'm a 3 hour drive from the city, I live right on the Red river by Lake Texoma. It's a long ways to Dallas are the city. There is one place in Sherman Texas that has the machine and he is the one who told me it would take a full 8 hour day to do with the spacers. I'm going to call Floyd's and another place down by Denton, Tex. in the morning. I did have 2 places say they would set my toe in with some string.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I would pass on the string. The place I went has a machine that you drive onto over a pit. The tires land on two plates.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #14

OK, I found a place close to me that is suppose to be able to do it, suppose to take it in the morn. Thanks Everyone

Tags
georgie boy