Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #15

cluster problem

Thanks, Guys,

MY RV is in the shop at the moment but when I get it back I will be doing as advised. I will also be removing the cluster to send out for repair but not to Actia. A thread here shows a repair facility for the Workhorse chassis cluster for $138. I am doing this mostly because I cannot read my digital odometer. Really a piece of junk. I appreciate a inputs and will advise as to the final results.

Herb
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK Herb, or anyone else, let us know how the new display works out many of us will like to know. $138 is allot cheaper.
Check to see if the mileage stays the same many state registries track the mileage during inspections plus insurance companies for pricing the next year.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I 2nd what 007 said , This Chevrolet, Chevy items in BBA store on eBay! is a very interesting find. I bookmarked it as well as the sellers website.
Be sure to let us know how it works out. Thanks
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't laugh but on my '89 Winnebago Chieftain everything went dead and in my frustration I hit the horn button and every thing started working. Had to do this for the rest of the time I owned the beast.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
Don't laugh but on my '89 Winnebago Chieftain everything went dead and in my frustration I hit the horn button and every thing started working. Had to do this for the rest of the time I owned the beast.

Don
That sounds like it was a bad ground connection as the horn button completes a ground circuit.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
'05 Workhorse Instrument Cluster Repair

I too, have the cluster LED issue. I am sending mine in to the 2005 Workhorse Instrument Cluster Repair Service 05 Dash Dashboard Work Horse | eBay same guys - BBA Reman 1-866-573-2740 as the earlier posts. Will let all know how it goes. Don't think the recall from '04 really addresses the dim LEDs.

Anyway you would think Winnebago would belly up and take care of this...
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #21

Odometer

Seems like the odometer LED problem is a common problem and they apparently have never improved it. It would be nice if Actia stepped up to correct the problem, but instead, they want $454 to fix the cluster. I will try someone else. I will be getting the RV back tomorrow and will remove the cluster to send it out. I will track mileage and let everyone know how repair goes. Later......
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #22

More Cluster

Just got the RV back from other repairs. I discovered more interesting points. I can also initialize the cluster by pressing the "mode, trip" function right on the cluster. To me it sounds like the cluster. Further, if I turn the ignition on and initialize the cluster by any means, then turn the switch off but not remove the key the dash will initialize any time I turn the key on. I have removed the cluster which was very easy. Just remove the seven screws around the cluster and it comes right out the front. To remove the connectors press the button at the back of the connector and it comes right out. As previously stated above it takes no more than ten minutes. So I have the cluster in my hand and will take the risk of sending it out for repair tomorrow. Will keep all informed.

Herb
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #23

Cluster Fixed

Herb Again,

I just received my cluster back from BBA and immediately installed it. Installing it was much harder to do because I could not get my hand behind the cluster to align it. In short, These people are great to work with. Total cost from BBA was $165 which included return postage and optional insurance. Cluster worked fine and I can now read my odometer. All was much better than I expected. I am a happy camper. Highly recommend BBA.

Herb
2003 Allegro Bay
Virginia Beach, VA
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #24

I would suggest registering your Workhorse chassis at www.workhorse.com...because the Actia display was recalled on a lot of models.
vtbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbigdog View Post
I would suggest registering your Workhorse chassis at www.workhorse.com...because the Actia display was recalled on a lot of models.
All this will do is give you a warm fuzzy... Workhorse does not exist and I doubt very seriously that you will get any satisfaction form Navistar should you try to submit a claim.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
All this will do is give you a warm fuzzy... Workhorse does not exist and I doubt very seriously that you will get any satisfaction form Navistar should you try to submit a claim.

Thats what I thought...until I bought my 2003 Trek and had the brake recall and the dash replaced....at no charge.

You haven't lost anyting by registering and checking it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbigdog View Post

Thats what I thought...until I bought my 2003 Trek and had the brake recall and the dash replaced....at no charge.

You haven't lost anyting by registering and checking it out.
But, when do you do this?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
But, when do you do this?
I did both last year at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. I did not pay them a dime, and I did not have any receipts to submit.