Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Phil:
FWIW, there never was a recall on the LCD pixel failure issue you are experiencing. If your LCD has failed, it is most likely because it is in the original cluster. Almost all of the replacement clusters with the newer LCDs have not suffered "another" failure in the LCD. Either way, I'm afraid you are right about you being the banker. Sorry.

The IP issue that was previously addressed was a "reflash" of some of the "programming" of the Actia IP panel that was related to a potential problem with some of the warning lights not being illuminated when they "should" have been.
edgray,
Thanks for the info, I figured I would be paying for it.
Phil
dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #44

LCD readout

I know this thread is a couple years old but I have a question.
Just sent my cluster in for repair and received an email back that my cluster is not repairable. Do I have to buy a new one from Tiffin or is there an aftermarket place that has them for cheaper? I am pretty OCD and would like to be able to read my LCD readout, even though I drove it all last year with an inoperable one.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Burtonair01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Burtonair01,
I wish I could help you but I just don't know. I sent mine in for repair and they fixed it although I had the same problem 6 months later. I sent it back and they repaired it again under warranty. It still isn't totally right but at least it's readable.
dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #46

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Who did you send it to and did they give a reason why it was not repairable? The only Actia's that we cannot repair are those that have a corrupt CPU which isn't very common. If you'd like to contact us we can see if it's something we may be able to fix for you.
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtonair01 View Post
I know this thread is a couple years old but I have a question.
Just sent my cluster in for repair and received an email back that my cluster is not repairable. Do I have to buy a new one from Tiffin or is there an aftermarket place that has them for cheaper? I am pretty OCD and would like to be able to read my LCD readout, even though I drove it all last year with an inoperable one.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
This is the first time I've heard of a repair place claiming it can't be repaired. I suggest you get it back from wherever you sent it and have Brazel/ultrarv (a sponsor here) take a look at it. They are not cheap, but it will be done right if it can be fixed at all.

IMO, since it is a chassis component, Tiffin will not be able to help you, but a WCC ASC like Brazel can.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #48

Cluster display

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
This is the first time I've heard of a repair place claiming it can't be repaired. I suggest you get it back from wherever you sent it and have Brazel/ultrarv (a sponsor here) take a look at it. They are not cheap, but it will be done right if it can be fixed at all.

IMO, since it is a chassis component, Tiffin will not be able to help you, but a WCC ASC like Brazel can.

Might be BBA as I spoke to them and they don't actually repair the display, only the cable and connections to see if they can get it working again. I also contacted several people who have used BBA and some said BBA didn't repair the Actia (refunded the money) and others who had it repaired had issues typically a year later when the display started going out again. I didn't use them for that reason.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #49

Sorry I'm so slow responding, Yes...it was BBA who I sent it to.
I will be contacting Ultra RV Tech to see about sending it there. Thanks for your help.
Burtonair01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:25 AM   #50

I think you will be very happy with the final result. It was more money than BBA, but I think it will last the life of the coach and I can actually read it and use the various functions of the display that I didn't know I had before because they were unreadable.

You will have to let us know how you make out
Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #51

I will also check with Ultratrv on my Actia cluster. BBA refunded my $138 over a year ago and returned my cluster stating it was unrepairable due to obsolete parts(not obtainable). The only problem with my cluster is the LCD readout for the odometer. How much does Ultrarv charge?

Herb
2003 Allegro Bay 37DB
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbc View Post
I will also check with Ultratrv on my Actia cluster. BBA refunded my $138 over a year ago and returned my cluster stating it was unrepairable due to obsolete parts(not obtainable). The only problem with my cluster is the LCD readout for the odometer. How much does Ultrarv charge?

Herb
2003 Allegro Bay 37DB
I respectfully suggest you ask THEM. iRV2.com does not allow vendors to quote prices here. call 360-736-2158.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbc View Post

Herb
2003 Allegro Bay 37DB
It is on their web site, last I looked it was $399. However, I feel it is worth it for the work done. BBA is local to me and I spoke with them a few times and decided not to use them because they don't really "fix" it and replace the LCD.

You need to verify with Ultra RV, but my repair through another facility included a new LCD, all new stepper motors for the gauges, and a re-flow of circuit board solder that were in historical problem areas on the instrument panel. It is likely that Ultra RV does the same.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #54

Thanks All,

Vettenuts is correct. I just got off the phone with John and the price is still $399. He stated they do not repair the LCD - they replace it with a high end unit and the entire cluster has a lifetime guarantee. They go over the entire unit. Considering I paid BBA $138 and the bought the other unit(cannot remember name) to get all my drive and engine info I would have been better off going this route. May still do it.

Herb
2003 Allegro Bay 37DB
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #55

Rebuilds @ ebay;
00 01 02 03 04 05 Workhorse Instrument Cluster Basic Rebuild Repair | eBay
Doug Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lamp View Post
I don't believe that is the same service as the full more costly rebuild. Best to check with them on what that includes prior to purchase. The full rebuild replaces all the stepper motors, the LCD display and corrects some known circuit board failure areas.