Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 5320 View Post
You sure yours has single piston calipers?

My 98 Daybreak had duel piston Bendix brakes on it, front and rear. I compared the prices before I purchased my Dolphin figuring on doing a brake job on it. The cost at O'Riellys was only about $50.00 dollars each more for the Bosch calipers compared to the Bendix. The pads cost about the same depending on which pads I selected. I replaced the rear pads at a cost of $127.00 on the Bendix. I could have bought pads as low as $68.00 for the Bendix system. The PO of the Daybreak only did the front brakes trying to get the ABS light off. He should have done all pads and cleaned the sensor. Thankfully my coach has all new brakes and rotors all the way around.
I took the information off the NAPA website on my computer but there is no guarantee of accuracy. I know the rear calipers are Bendix because I've been there. The front brakes were replaced by the previous owner 500 miles before I bought my MH and I have put less than 2000 miles on it since I bought it. The front tires were replaced at the same time as the brakes so I have never pulled a front wheel.
My MH is still in winter storage 20 miles from here and all the maintenance records are in the MH.
I will check this when I get the MH home though.
Is your Daybreak on a W-22 or a P-32 chassis?
Lynn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I took the information off the NAPA website on my computer but there is no guarantee of accuracy. I know the rear calipers are Bendix because I've been there. The front brakes were replaced by the previous owner 500 miles before I bought my MH and I have put less than 2000 miles on it since I bought it. The front tires were replaced at the same time as the brakes so I have never pulled a front wheel.
My MH is still in winter storage 20 miles from here and all the maintenance records are in the MH.
I will check this when I get the MH home though.
Is your Daybreak on a W-22 or a P-32 chassis?
Lynn
My Daybreak was on a P32, I sold it last June and bought this Dolphin in March of this year. The Daybreak had a 216" wheelbase compared to the Dolphin W22 with 208". Was your rear calipers one or two piston? Mine were both two piston and the pads were the same front and rear.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
No doubt your P-32 has single Piston Bendix calipers. These are entirely different from the Bosch dual piston calipers. The Bendix calipers are considerably cheaper than the Bosch calipers. The Bendix style pads are the same way. Much more reasonably priced.
I feel lucky for a change. My P-32 has Bendix brakes.
Lynn
My P32 has dual piston brake calibers. I just think there ripping you off
kycondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #18

Bendix BXMKD786 Brake Pads International Navistar 99.00 bucks for pads

ABS Brake Rotor 15" OD, 4.44" height, 10 ­hole, 7.25" bolt circle Rotors are $ 87.50 per
kycondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #19

You guys sure like to spend money on brakes. New rotors at Rock Auto and probably many other places are $80-ish a side, pads are 50-60. It takes 45 minutes a side if you take lots of breaks.
Leardriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #20

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leardriver View Post
You guys sure like to spend money on brakes. New rotors at Rock Auto and probably many other places are $80-ish a side, pads are 50-60. It takes 45 minutes a side if you take lots of breaks.
Trust me Leardriver, if I had the know how and my arthritic hands cooperated, I'd buy whatever tools I needed to get the job done. I envy anyone who has the necessary skills to keep these money pits on the road.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes