Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #1

When my headlights are turned off the dash shows a headlight icon turned on. When I turn on my headlights the icon goes off. Is this how it is supposed to work.
Has anybody had this problem??
MONTANA RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #2

When my headlights are turned off the dash shows a headlight icon turned on. When I turn on my headlights the icon goes off. Is this how it is supposed to work.
Has anybody had this problem??
Old 10-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you'll find that the headlignt icon you mentioned is actually letting you know your daytime running lights are on. When you turn your lights on it should go out.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #4

Exactly, Fred K...

8.1 litre
simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey Fred K!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I thought mine was wacky too when I first got into my coach. I was fiddling around with the lights at the dealer before I drove it off the lot. I spotted my front reflection in the dealer's front window. That's when I found out that I had daytime running lights! Cool.
To tell you the truth, up here in Alaska during the summer, I havn't had a chance to turn on my main headlights yet. Now that it's getting dark and cold up here, I have already put my Brave to bed until next May. *Bummer* We've already had our first snow dusting, but it melted. We're supposed to get another cold spell this weekend and more snow is in the forcast.
Enjoy your fall colors while you can. Our leaves are all gone.
Have fun with your MH,
AKBrick
Old 10-08-2005, 04:43 AM   #7

thank you all...you were very helpful...I thought it was a wireing problem...
Old 10-08-2005, 06:29 AM   #8

If you're driving with your headlights off, and the Daytime Running Lights are not on, turn your headlights on then off. This should bring your Daytime Lights on. Happens when you start engine without parking brake on, then driving off. On-board computer controlled function, I believe. Works for me.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Anyone know how to turn the daytime running lights off? Sometimes it would be helpful to exit a campground in the early hours with just the marker lights on.

DriVer, how is the weather in SC? DW and I plan to be at Ocean Lakes in a couple of weeks.

Gary
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Teach:
DriVer, how is the weather in SC? DW and I plan to be at Ocean Lakes in a couple of weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Gary, It was great up until Tammy came through here for some 3 days now. Horizontal rain all night and day long. We did take on a little water through the bedroom slide seal but not much. One of my compartments took a little water but I haven't a clue why since the compartment was closed all the time. Jacks are sinking in the soil under the MH but not too badly. I hope it dries out here before too long. I'm starting to grow webbing! Our 1HP wet/dry vac came in very handy.

Right now the sun is out and the cloud tops are growing. It's 85? out and it's humid. We're also under a high risk for rip currents. The awning is out for the first time in 3 days.

Forecast is:
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 80 to 85. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Next stop Virgina Good Sam rally on the 20th.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:47 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MONTANA RED:
thank you all...you were very helpful...I thought it was a wireing problem... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was thinking something was wrong with my lights but you have explained it well. Didn't know why sometimes I had day-running lights and sometimes not. Thanks.