Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just wondering.....on my 03 Southwind.......does it have Disc brakes all around or drums in the rear and disc's in the front? or ?? Thanks

Brian
PS......I'd go look but it's not stored at my house
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just wondering.....on my 03 Southwind.......does it have Disc brakes all around or drums in the rear and disc's in the front? or ?? Thanks

Brian
PS......I'd go look but it's not stored at my house
Old 07-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #3

Brian my "03" built on a "02" chassis has disc all the way around... Mine was completely redone in April by Brazel's in Chico. (The same time I had my ultrapower upgrade done)

It was under the Brake recall that WH had. It was really cool I just bought the MH in Feb and the guy who had it before never had the recall done. So I more or less got a $3000.00 dollar brake job done for nothing. They replace all the rotors and calipers along with the pads....

Hope this helps you Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supercub:
Just wondering.....on my 03 Southwind.......does it have Disc brakes all around or drums in the rear and disc's in the front? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Your Southwind has 4 wheel 4 channel anti-lock disk brakes.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Hay Lee,
Where is Brazil's located in Chico ?
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think my coach was built in 02......so I'm sure the chasis is an 02.....but nothing shows up for a brake recall on my unit. Only recalls that show up are for the panel and the catalytic converters. Both recalls have been done.
Brian
PS.....thanks for the info
PS.PS.....what are 4 channel disc brakes??
Old 07-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supercub:
PS.PS.....what are 4 channel disc brakes?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ABC, NBC, CBS & FOX

No really Workhorse brakes are 4 channel. That means that when the ABS computer begins it's task to stop your motorhome each braking position is applied independently of the other.

Most large vehicles have 3 channel which means independent fronts and the braking in the rear positions are applied together. The rear in so doing may skid in one direction or the other. Workhorse's 4 channel brakes are the best because it'll stop you the shortest amount of time with the greatest amount of control.

The Quad Hydraulic brakes on the W24 & W25.5 are the best hydraulic brakes on any large motorhome even better than the brakes on the 20 & 22 because they are 4 wheel, 4 channel, 4 piston, anti-lock disk brakes.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dengraham:
Hay Lee,
Where is Brazil's located in Chico ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were at a Rally at the Fair Grounds in Chico
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think my coach was built in 02......so I'm sure the chasis is an 02.....but nothing shows up for a brake recall on my unit. Only recalls that show up are for the panel and the catalytic converters. Both recalls have been done.
Brian
PS.....thanks for the info
PS.PS.....what are 4 channel disc brakes?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supercub, how do you find out if there are any recalls due on your coach. I have 2004 I purchased new in 2003. I moticed my Z bar above brake master cyl does not have grease zerk. Was wondering how to find out about others. I have had shift indicator LCD assembly replaced, but not on recall, it just went out.

Thanks

Dieselclacker
Old 07-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to the workhorse site and you'll see a place to register. I just did a couple of months ago. Once you do that, you can go back and check via name or VIN about recalls. I don't remember exactly how, because I have mine bookmarked.
Brian
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to the workhorse site and you'll see a place to register. I just did a couple of months ago. Once you do that, you can go back and check via name or VIN about recalls. I don't remember exactly how, because I have mine bookmarked.
Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks supercub I will try that.

Dieselclacker