Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #1

dreaded autopark. where to buy spares

hi
New to rv's and on my first trip home after buying her i found i couldnt leave the petrol station.
So having read through pages and pages on the subject i now think i have a basic understanding. i pulled the pin to get me home, iv'e changed the 2 switches but all i get is a rappid flashing light. When green switch is unpluged the light goes out.
Having read oldusedbears blog on rgs replacement caution about the poppet and spring located behind the rgs i would like to replace these as a matter of elimination , the problem is i cant find out where to buy them

When i bought the rig the light was flashing and i was given a spare rgs and told the flashing was normal, and given a story of the old one failing and him having changed it on the side of motorway which i why i worry i might not have the spring inside.

My question is:
Where can i order the poppet and spring and where can i buy a new yellow park brake switch?

Thanks in advance
gary
gazcow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe you’re talking about the actuator. I recently sent my j71 actuator too Oldusedbear aka Rodger and he rebuilt it. Rodger rebuilds actuators as a hobby and so I made a cash donation to his AutoPark Library. It cost me far less than a new one or what the other rebuilders charge and he had it back to me within a week! Have you contacted him?

Also, is your actuator next to your exhaust system? If your answer is yes, then is there a heat shield separating the actuator and the hot exhaust pipe?

As far as the Yellow switch, I’ve never heard of anyone replacing it. It's possible that once you get your actuator rebuilt you should be good to go. Make sure you have new AT fluid and your reservoir is not leaking or cracked.

Deep Grouper is working on some modifications so stay tuned to irv2. And oh, by the way, welcome to the irv2 forum. You'll find some of the best people here whom will go out of their way to help you along your way. I'd be lost without this forum!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #3

AutoPark help

Contact me thru email at oldusedbear11@charter.net

We can help you diagnose and fix your problems.

oldusedbear aka Roger
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #4

hi,
firstly thanks for the speedy reply's and warm welcome

iv'e sent an email to oldusedbear detailing the scenario so hopefuly i'll be back on the road soon.

I checked the oil in the reservoir and it looked clean enough but i found 2 empty atf oil tubs in the storage compartment of different brands so im going to drain and refill it as a precaution.

ill keep you informed of my progress

again many thanks
gary
Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #5

brake fixed

hi
finaly got round to removing the pump cleaned out the tank, removed the green switch and the nut that it fits into and sure enough 'just as you said' the spring was missing. replaced that with the one bryan at parker pumps sent me. refilled the system with new dextron fluid and bingo... i now have a fully working park brake....

many thanks for your all your help,

and just in time for summer...