RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
HI ALL,
I just realized my Workhorse Chassis Warranty expires July 1st and it is time to be thinking about an extended Warranty service.
I am looking for advice, relative to which companies to consider contracting with.
I only have 8000 miles on the motorhome so a lot of things could crop up yet before it is totally run in.
thanks for your help and advice,
Bebop

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
HI ALL,
I just realized my Workhorse Chassis Warranty expires July 1st and it is time to be thinking about an extended Warranty service.
I am looking for advice, relative to which companies to consider contracting with.
I only have 8000 miles on the motorhome so a lot of things could crop up yet before it is totally run in.
thanks for your help and advice,
Bebop

Old 04-30-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Get the best quote you can regarding extended warranties and take that money and place it in an interest bearing savings account.

There is no need to bet yourself that your motorhome chassis is going to break "because" you could be proven wrong and loose all that money.

"IF" something happens use the money in the savings account to pay for repairs. IF there are no repairs by the time you trade up your RV use it for you and your family to go to an RV destination and have a good time.

You may want to make sure you have an RV policy that features towing, fuel and tire service but that's as far as I would go.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:47 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Driver for your response,
You make good and valid points however.........I will have to give them a lot of thought.
I have a quote from Good Sam for 500 deduct at about 500 a year.
500 per year would not go far paying for an Engine, fridge, Gen set,and such things that I have paid for in the past in other motor homes.
I do have the roadside service from FMCA and I do have the extended warranties on the Central Air and Fridge from Dometic. The warranty on the house has long since expired at the end of the first year. So, my only concern is the chassis developing major problems as it begings to get a few miles on it.
What are other people doing about this?
I once had an extended Warranty on my 35 foot Suncrest Sunbus at a cost of 4000.00 and never ever used it. Go figure
Thanks again for your advice,
Bebop
Old 04-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BEBOP:
I once had an extended Warranty on my 35 foot Suncrest Sunbus at a cost of 4000.00 and never ever used it. Go figure </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I rest my case.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
BEBOP,
Not saying it will not happen but if you have read through thousands of post as I have you will see that these chassis are very reliable. I like DriVer's recommendation. I have lived fulltime in my Rexhall since it was new and have had no major repairs with anything. And it all gets lots of use. Keep your money, don't give it away.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
MY concern is because it is a Rexhall and I have already had 145 warranty repairs done on it, been back to the factory twice, and I tend to equate this with the chassis potential for problems also, coupled with problems I have had with other motorhomes going back to 1979 when i bought the first one.
I feel hopeful if your rexhall and chassis is doing ok for you.
Bebop
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please don't confuse Rexhall problems with Workhorse. I have been at Rexhall for warranty work on my 30' Rexhall Vision with W-22chassis for more than three weeks total with about the same number of problems you've had. Also I've had some problems with the W-22 chassis but there are small compared to the coach problems.
Once you get througn some initial problems with the Workhorse chassis (if any) it should last a long time unless abused
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
thanks for your response Scoutmaster,
Because of all the problems I have had with Rexhall and the junk they put out, I have a concern about the chasses but only because they had their grubby hands on it for a year and a half before they built the junk house and sold it to me. so that is the reason for my concern.
In my opinion this W22 chassis is the finest chassis ever built for a motorhome and I have had them all over the last 28 years.
I hope our rexhall problems are over. their stock is down to 17 cents a share so they probably won't be around to screw up anything else.
Bebop
Old 05-04-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BEBOP:
In my opinion this W22 chassis is the finest chassis ever built for a motorhome and I have had them all over the last 28 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BEBOP, I concur with your assessment.