Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #1

First RV 1985 Georgie Boy P30 Problems/Questions

Afternoon everyone, I bought my first RV 1985 Georgie Boy with a chevy 454 and 31k original miles. Now that its home and ive had a little time to check things out and drive it some i have some issues i am hoping yall can help me with.

1. the 12V outlets in the house work when generator is on but no lights or the oven fan work. (not sure if the house battery is good yet but those should work with the generator right?) I checked the fuses under dash and to see if a breaker was tripped and all seem to be fine?

2. my hazard lights and turn signals work. but low beams and running lights dont work and the high beams constantly flicker on and off but dash light is working.

3. I drove it for about 15min test driving it and rode great. after getting it home and driving it a few days later i was going about 55mph steady when the throttle(motor) just cut out completely, i let off the gas and tried again sounded like the motor tried then completely cut out again all while slowly losing speed luckly i was about a mile from home and was able to feather it in the driveway.
allhungup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Your lights and rangE hood fan are 12v and should 'always' work, generator or not. You got electrical problems and the first thing I'd do is make sure the battery is good, then look at its charging system from the main engine, the generator, and shore power. Once you have the Power Supply system correct, do down stream to the 12v users. Do this on both systems, the house and the chassis. I'd do them completely and separately, house first to keep moma happy, then chassis. Same with the 120 system, power supply first, then users.

Good luck and congrats! You now have a big hole to dump money into, just like the rest of us. Enjoy!
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #3

As for loss of power look here:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/1987-...le-250261.html
Ryan7361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
For your lights, I would try to find your grounds, you should have on your frame (somewhere) where the grounds connect, take them off and clean them.

Addressing your throttle, I would first change out the fuel filter, how old is the gas in the tank?
Old 04-01-2016, 05:38 AM   #5

thanks for the advice yall i thought it may have been a ground but the fact that some things worked just had me kind of baffled but I am guessing the gas tank is original.. This weekend i will be trying to trace wires and crawling around under it. I just found it really strange that it was fine even on the 15 or 20 min test drive but 2 days later i took it on a 10 min trip and started acting that way.
allhungup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, georgie boy, p30, problems