RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #43

National RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I've always thought that people who are hooked up 359 days a year don't really need a 3way RV fridge, DC lights, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RVers that don't travel and are hooked up 359 days a year don't need a motorhome. They need a 5th wheel or a travel trailer.

Flounder should shift their production to a 5th wheel with home appliances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly Tom. This may be correct for you - and for me too - if that was my lifestyle I'd prefer a 5ver. But many people don't want to drive a 1 ton truck 359 days a year without anything hitched to it. Sure, some would. But that's the point. Lots of people out there with different preferences.

Just thinking about it, we know several snowbirds who have MH vs. 5ver, and the tow vehicle issue is one reason.

Mac

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I makes no sense to me to own a motorhome and park it 359 days a year, thus using it on the road for 6 days. It would save lots of money to just pay someone to move a 5th wheel to travel trailer those 6 days.

I think the market for a "park it 359 days and drive it 6 days motorhome" does not exist.

My opinion and we'll see what developes in a year or two.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FRED AND BONNIE: Thanks to you also, for taking your time to help us locate and verify the existance of the FLOUNDER. Your report is very insightful and the details are appreciated. As others have stated, it will be interesting to watch how this concept fares in the market place over the next few years. Good Luck to Flounder Motor homes, L.L.C.

I hope we will soon be reading posts by an iRV2.com member from an OWNER'S perspective.

On the subject of choice of names, I'm still puzzled by their choice of "Flounder" and the current logo of a Blue Fish, that sorta looks like Charlie the Tuna.

Since the most evolutionary features of this new product is it's home-sized appliances, I'm surprised they didn't name it some variation of "HOMER". Unless they were worried about people associating it with the Simpsons! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #46

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:On the subject of choice of names, I'm still puzzled by their choice of "Flounder" and the current logo of a Blue Fish, that sorta looks like Charlie the Tuna. ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In our conversation with Susan Thomas she related to when John Crean was coming up with a name for his new Fleetwood MH. It came down to either "Bounder" or "Flounder". Fleetwood went with Bounder, now it's time for "Flounder". Really not clear on the Logo, other than it's sort of an "In your face" fella.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FRED and BONNIE: thanks for your additional reply!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It came down to either "Bounder" or "Flounder". Fleetwood went with Bounder, now it's time for "Flounder". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I was gonna say something sarcastic like "that just proves some people never give up on a bad idea".....but I won't! But then again, I'm still clinging to HOMER. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I noticed this reply to the thread over on rv.net - the owners of Flounder Serial #1 have appeared!

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid...7051956.cfm#17051956

They sound quite satisfied at this time. I do hope they saty that way.
Texas Boomers, FMCA #366366 SKP #91936
'03 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PWD
RandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #49

I took a trip to Mike Thompsons RV today and saw the new Flonder Rv today. On the outside, it looks pretty nice. They used pure white gelcoat fiberglass with a few decals for decoration. The quality looks good for the most part, however some of the caulking looks to be done by a novice. The trim piece adorning the length of the nearly 40 foot motorhome, which on my Winnebago has some sort of end cap, is caulked on the ends which looks sort of sloppy. Overall the exterior looks very nice. The outside storage compartments are huge!!! They are not lined with any sort of felt material so that you may wash out the bays, which are equipped with drainage holes. There is probably too much storage space underneath which could probably encourage someone to over load it! Inside the coach, I was a bit disappointed. It was very plain. The carpet was your typical beige, but looked really cheap. The cabinets, which are many, are sort of a light ash maybe in color. I was amazed by the amount of cabinet space! All the residential appliances were there, Huge fridge, full size stove, microwave, full size dishwasher, trash compactor, and food disposer. It has an in motion sattelite, an awesome Dell LCD TV up front and a nice Large TV with video cassette and DVD Player in the rear.That part was quite impressive. The dog house is not very tall, just wide. With the single slide in, the drivers seat is limited as to how far it can go back. Would I own one? Not sure, but for the MSRP of 107,000 and some change you get alot of Bang for your Buck!!! I'm sure this Motorhome will fill a niche out there, we will have to wait and see.

8.1 litre
simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote