Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #29

The comment was made about Workhorse and Bosch people reading these problems here. I am totally convinced they don't care. They have already been paid for these chassis and that is all they cared about. We are just a big problem for them now and the longer they wait the longer they can sit on the dollars. I would sure welcome joining in on a class action suit. Here we sit with useless MHs that have lost a lot of their resale value and for every year we can't use them we are losing about $400. in tire life, having to keep paying insurance, depreciation. all because Workhorse doesn't care. I will also never buy anything from Navistar since they are latecomers in this whole thing that could use their power to push but don't care either.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
can you imagine the bonus for person who came up with blaming the supplier. In the auto Ind. you take it back to the dealer for warrenty, for RVs, they have nothing to do with the chassis. and now the chassis mfr. is taking clue and blaming the parts supplier. If it is bad enough they just fold their tents and go out this part of their business. and later they will come up with a different company. You will not save any money by waiting on workhorse, by the time they replace your caliper they will have recoverd their cost for the parts and inspections not covered and the money they have made on their money not spent or replacing calipers. the longer they keep it the more they make. Did workhorse buy monaco or some RV company, how would like to have one of those babys after workhorse works their magic? good luck!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #31

Navistar bought Workhorse and also Monaco. The Monaco coach owners from the bankrupt Monaco are out in the cold with very little help from the new Monaco.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My guess is that we will have a new president before we get new brakes

George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Why couldn't the chassis be made by Toyota. They screwed up the size of the carpet under gas pedel and instead of just cutting it to fit with a pair of sissors they are completely redesigning the brake - gas assembly and will be replacing all affectid units in the next month - NOT in 7 YEARS.
Its not the floormat thats the issue, its a computer problem in the drive by wire system. Its effecting multible vehicles in there line, and its KILLING PEOPLE. There are ALOT more than 50,000 affected units out there and there are ALOT of pending law suits, and thats the ONLY reason that Toyota is doing anything quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
The Monaco coach owners from the bankrupt Monaco are out in the cold with very little help from the new Monaco.
I have had no problems with the "new Monaco", they have been nothing but helpful and my warranty is still intact.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #34
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
It was presented as a carpet problem on our local news. I didn't know about the problem you mentioned. What is a good source to read up on it?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
It was presented as a carpet problem on our local news. I didn't know about the problem you mentioned. What is a good source to read up on it?
I dont remember what publication it was in......I'll see if I can find it though.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actually, a NHTSA investigation concluded that the accelerator pedals were sticking on the floor mats. The following is an excerpt from an Associated Press news release this morning:

Quote:
Investigators with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration determined that a rubber all-weather floor mat found in the wreckage was slightly longer than the mat that belonged in the vehicle, and could have snared or covered the accelerator pedal.

The government has attributed at least five deaths and two injuries to floor mat-related unintended acceleration in the Toyota vehicles and has received reports of more than 100 incidents in which the accelerator may have become stuck. A Massachusetts-based safety consultant who has investigated the Toyota cases, however, has found more than 2,000 incidents involving 16 deaths and 243 injuries potentially tied to the Toyota gas pedals.

To fix the problem, Transportation officials said dealers will shorten the length of the accelerator pedal on the recalled vehicles and in some cases remove foam from beneath the carpeting near the pedal. They said owners of the ES350, Camry and Avalon would be the first to receive notification because the vehicles are believed to have the highest risk for pedal entrapment.

Toyota plans to install a brake override system on the Camry, Avalon and Lexus ES350, IS350 and IS250 models as an "extra measure of confidence," NHTSA said. The brake override system, commonly called a "smart brake," will ensure the vehicle will stop if both the brake and the accelerator pedals are applied simultaneously.

Rusty......................................This was posted by rusty on another thread. I dont know if this is what jcm wanted or not.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Prius is having the same issues even without floormats. Along with other models, its said to effect 3.8 million units. It will go deeper than a floormat.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #38

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
The following is an excerpt from an Associated Press news release this morning:

Quote:

The government has attributed at least five deaths and two injuries to floor mat-related unintended acceleration in the Toyota vehicles and has received reports of more than 100 incidents in which the accelerator may have become stuck. A Massachusetts-based safety consultant who has investigated the Toyota cases, however, has found more than 2,000 incidents involving 16 deaths and 243 injuries potentially tied to the Toyota gas pedals.
This covers cars back to 2004 with 16 deaths. Yes, Toyota moves a lot faster then WH and handles their recalls much better as some have stated, only they wait till after there are deaths and NHTSA gets involved.
In my opinion WH will conclude its recall soon and most owners will be satisfied. I can already make a list of those who will not.

George
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Before we have a mob rush to judgment on the Toyota situation, does anyone remember the Audi 5000 "unintended acceleration" fiasco back in the 1980s? Let's wait and see how Toyota's problem plays out.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The truth of the matter is most if not all auto manufactures have had problems with safety and recalls. The LA Times has had several articles on Toyota the latest this morning where they say the problems go back a lot further than Toyota would like to admit. They are also changing the programing on the computer system as well as the mats.

This is no different than Ford with the Pinto or the Explorer, while I don't remember off the top of my head I'm sure problems can be found with the other manufactures as well.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekPR View Post
The truth of the matter is most if not all auto manufactures have had problems with safety and recalls. The LA Times has had several articles on Toyota the latest this morning where they say the problems go back a lot further than Toyota would like to admit. They are also changing the programing on the computer system as well as the mats.

This is no different than Ford with the Pinto or the Explorer, while I don't remember off the top of my head I'm sure problems can be found with the other manufactures as well.
You are correct, but it is the way the manufacturers respond to the problems, especially safety issues.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spoonman,

You too are correct and from my limited knowledge both Toyota and Ford had fatalities involved before they really got serious about correcting problems. The same can be said about Firestone tires.