Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #1

I am stuck at a campground with my slides out. For some reason my wiring has been tampered with that works my hydraulic slides. I have a local repair man checking it out. He requessted info from Gulfstream.....(workhorse chasis) The fuses I'm looking for are located in the AE-2056 Breaker Labels. I have NO idea where to look for this group of fuses. I have looked at every piece of info that was in the folder, but nothing looks like this. Can someone help me.
Thanks

2003 37' GulfStream Sun Voyager Trio with Workhorse 8.1 Chassis with 22.5" wheels
Mr. Brackett - Mrs. Brackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #2

I am stuck at a campground with my slides out. For some reason my wiring has been tampered with that works my hydraulic slides. I have a local repair man checking it out. He requessted info from Gulfstream.....(workhorse chasis) The fuses I'm looking for are located in the AE-2056 Breaker Labels. I have NO idea where to look for this group of fuses. I have looked at every piece of info that was in the folder, but nothing looks like this. Can someone help me.
Thanks

2003 37' GulfStream Sun Voyager Trio with Workhorse 8.1 Chassis with 22.5" wheels
Old 05-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a Sun Voyager Atrium and suspect similar electrical layout. I don't have my coach or books here at home but there are several places they may be referring to. There are large push to test breakers with pop up levers in the forward storage compartments. You might press these (red button) and reset the arm. There is one in the engine compartment front lower right that I believe is for charging circuit going to the battery. There is also a large square fuse compartment in there above and to the right.

There is a fuse block also in the bedroom
mounted on the bed pedestal. I think this is mostly interior ac and dc circuits.

There is a simple way to operate the hydraulic pump to get the slides in. I'm sure it's in the manual. I seem to recall you just move a lever on the line attached to the pump for that particular slide and then, manually pump it.

Good Luck,
Old 05-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
One more thing, make sure your driver seat is all the way forward. There is an interlock that prevents slide operation if the seat is back.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:39 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fuse locations for the most part are not the chassis builder's domain. Workhorse puts a fuse block down by the parking brake pedal, that is not the one you want, and there may be a second fuse box (The Battery Control Center) up in the engine compartment (At least on gassers) however I do not think this is the one you want either.

The HOUSE fuse box is where I'd put the slide fuses. That one the coach maker places.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 AM   #6
paz

There may also be an interlock that prevents the slides from operating if the ignition switch is on to prevent the slides from accidently being operated while going down the road. Make sure your ignition switch is off.

One time our slide interlock solenoid stuck. I was able to locate it, rap on it with a screwdriver handle, and it has been fine ever since. The solenoids on our Allegro Bay are in the storage bay ahead of the right front wheel.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Here's an overly optimistic stab at the problem. IF the emergency brake has been somehow released the slides won't come in.

If there is a problem with the switch on the e-brake the slides won't come in either. Check to make sure the switch is closed making sure the e-brake is applied securely. Check the switch itself. I have spoken recently with a member where the wire had actually come off the switch disabling the slideouts.

Good luck!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #8

Thanks for your reply. I have my seat all the way forward...my ebrake is all the way down. It seems at some point in time before I bought this unit, somebody did some rewiring in the hydraulic compartment....I've only been in there to check/add oil. Yesterday, the repairman found pieces of wire in the bottom of the compartment.....also, there is a hot wire just hanging and the plug that goes into the hydraulic pump is dead. After calling the Gulfstream office some info was sent to the repairman. He sent the diagrams to me, one is called AE-2056 Breaker Labels. I have searced every compartment with no luck. It has to be here somewhere. I called gulfstream again this morning, but with no luck. I would think they of all people would be able to quickly pinpoint just where this is....actually, they reacted like I shouldn't have this info and gulfstream could have changed it's location during the 03 season.....everything I have points to it being built in the beginning of the season. I have to find this box before the service person gets back here. Thanks again for all of each of your replys.
Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Brackett - Mrs. Brackett:
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Richard....
Put in a call to Gulf Stream Factory to either Scott Pullin (V.P. Gulf Stream Motorized Customer Service) or Jim Creech (Service Manger) and explain the problem.
They will get you help!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #10

Thank you for the names. I will try to reach them in the morning. I have talked with a lady there, Diane, who has sent diagrams...all greek to me, but have a "mobile" repair coming again sat. morning. I had one come yesterday, but had to leave to Chicago, coming back Tuesday. I'm hoping this guy on Sat will be able to fix the situation. I did have one slide still operable in the bedroom, but that no longer works either. It's frustrating when you can't figure out the problem....this one is too tough to just guess at.
Thanks again
Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Streamerman:
Richard....
Put in a call to Gulf Stream Factory to either Scott Pullin (V.P. Gulf Stream Motorized Customer Service) or Jim Creech (Service Manger) and explain the problem.
They will get you help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is kind of like a minor repair I tried to do, Dang thing did not go well so I needed professional help. Hopped out of the rig just in time and hollered RACHEL! at top volume (I'm a non-professional vocalist so my top. is kind of loud) she came down and 20 bucks plus one flashlight which I basically don't need (It is an LED desk light) I"m all sealed up again, and she's on down the drive to the next job, and the next job, and the next job (She is a busy RV GIRL today)

Then I figured out what was wrong with the old faucet (Vacuum breaker easily repaired)