Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I normally got 7/8 mpg. Now for the last year or so Im only getting about 5/6. I do tow but I towed before. The engine runs fine or so it seems. I always check my tire pressure(I had it weighed, all 4 tires, each axle, and whole mh)and put in what mich tire requires. I havnt added any extra weight. any Ideas
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I normally got 7/8 mpg. Now for the last year or so Im only getting about 5/6. I do tow but I towed before. The engine runs fine or so it seems. I always check my tire pressure(I had it weighed, all 4 tires, each axle, and whole mh)and put in what mich tire requires. I havnt added any extra weight. any Ideas
Old 02-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

A couple of things come to mind, fuel filter, air filter...I would have that checked first if you haven't already done so.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
They add 10% additives to gasoline in the winter months which reduce your mileage ratings by 10 to 18 %. My minivan went from 24mpg to 20 mpg. ouch!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree with the alky added, My rig is down from 9+ MPG to just over 8 with a tow....

Jim
JimElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #6

Your brakes aren't dragging are they?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #7

You might look at the VMSPC software. It will show you engine horsepower, load, torque, etc. This might help you see if the engine is acting out of character. If the brakes are dragging or the like, you would see high load on flat ground.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just bought a 2008 Saturn Vue this past August and I haven't noticed a difference in gas milage between August and Dec.-Feb! So I couldn't say one way or another if the gas is different in the winter vs the summer. Bagman57
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tech@brazelsrv:
A couple of things come to mind, fuel filter, air filter...I would have that checked first if you haven't already done so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Steve, would it run rough or bad if gas filter is bad? I just changed air filter.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan Focht:
You might look at the VMSPC software. It will show you engine horsepower, load, torque, etc. This might help you see if the engine is acting out of character. If the brakes are dragging or the like, you would see high load on flat ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Nathan, what is vmspc software, where do I buy it and at what cost. as far as brakes dragging, I dont even want to go there