Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #1

Has WH started repairing the brakes yet?

I've pretty much had the W-22 on the shelf for 2+ years now, thanks to the Workhorse brake recall. My last contact was with a repair facility in Grand Rapids, MI that told me I'd be put on a wait list and that my turn should come in May 2010. They aren't returning my calls, which makes me wonder if they have even begun to start the recall fixes. Does anybody know the status of the recall fix? Thanks!

2003 Mountain Aire 3778 W-22
djohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Seems like everyone knows when this is going to happen except Workhorse.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
I've pretty much had the W-22 on the shelf for 2+ years now, thanks to the Workhorse brake recall. My last contact was with a repair facility in Grand Rapids, MI that told me I'd be put on a wait list and that my turn should come in May 2010. They aren't returning my calls, which makes me wonder if they have even begun to start the recall fixes. Does anybody know the status of the recall fix? Thanks!
i called workhorse on friday as was told that the national safety adm. would not let them send out the recall notices....never one word about them(workhorse) as being the responsible person...just passed the blame to someone else.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
i called workhorse on friday as was told that the national safety adm. would not let them send out the recall notices....never one word about them(workhorse) as being the responsible person...just passed the blame to someone else.
faye, Did you ask them if they were responsible?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #5

Y'know, I can take a joke as well as the next guy, but this is getting rediculous! I have barely used my motorhome for 2+ years because I just don't want to put people's lives in jeopardy using brakes that may or may not function. I am making payments on the rig, paying insurance and storage fees while I wait for someone (Workhorse) to own up to its responsibility and actually come up with a solution that they can execute. I have only one question and I believe it really should be answered: HOW MUCH LONGER ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT?

2003 Mountain Aire 3778 W-22
djohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Y'know, I can take a joke as well as the next guy, but this is getting rediculous! I have barely used my motorhome for 2+ years because I just don't want to put people's lives in jeopardy using brakes that may or may not function. I am making payments on the rig, paying insurance and storage fees while I wait for someone (Workhorse) to own up to its responsibility and actually come up with a solution that they can execute. I have only one question and I believe it really should be answered: HOW MUCH LONGER ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT?
This certainly isn`t a joke anymore, all you will get now is finger pointing and blaming everyone else.This has gone on years longer than it should have.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
HOW MUCH LONGER ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT?
You don't have to wait two minutes. You might have considered taking command of this situation and replaced your brakes on your own as so many of us already have. Then again there are many of us that run our rigs a lot and have not had any problems. I am not going to pay my note, insurance and maintain my rig and not use it.

Having replaced my brakes in 07/08 I have been continuously using my rig without interruption.

When ever Bosch can deliver the amount of calipers that is needed to begin the NHTSA campaign that's when I expect it will start. The Workhorse Service Centers are ready to go now!

I don't believe that anyone is going to be able to give you a definite date although we all hope that its going to come soon.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
You don't have to wait two minutes. You might have considered taking command of this situation and replaced your brakes on your own as so many of us already have. Then again there are many of us that run our rigs a lot and have not had any problems. I am not going to pay my note, insurance and maintain my rig and not use it.

Having replaced my brakes in 07/08 I have been continuously using my rig without interruption.

When ever Bosch can deliver the amount of calipers that is needed to begin the NHTSA campaign that's when I expect it will start. The Workhorse Service Centers are ready to go now!

I don't believe that anyone is going to be able to give you a definite date although we all hope that its going to come soon.
mr. driver..did you pay to have your brakes replaced or did workhorse pay for this...you are very kind in trying to help everyone and we appreciate you, but there are some that just aren't able to come up with thousands of dollars due to something that is a major safety issue..i just don't understand how when it is a car that the nhtsa is right on the manufacturers...just my thoughts but i feel that it because alot of rv owners are older and they just feel we are expendable and that our rvs are something we don't have to have or use. this thought is not meant to hurt anyone's opinion or position....but when you have this problem, you can't help but be frustrated and feel helpless by the way the process is going...again thanks for all your comments and advice.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #9

If Workhorse had "TAKEN COMMAND" of this situation this discussion wouldn`t be happening.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The recall will start when Bosch has produced half the needed parts (100,000 calipers).....the ball is in their court as it has been since the corrective fix was identified.

Dave
Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Faye does have a valid point Driver.
We are all at wits end, as I imagine you are. You are the "Go To Person" we all use, as WHC does not put out regular updates.
They need Half the Calibers on hand to start the process.--How many are on hand NOW, after all this waiting? 5%--10%-25%????????
Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
If Workhorse had "TAKEN COMMAND" of this situation this discussion wouldn`t be happening.
I "Took Command" of my own destiny and so have many others and we are not looking back but forward to the date when our continuing caliper issue will be resolved by the recall.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well... I"m driving mine but I agree, it has been what, a year more or less since the problem was identified, A year more or less since we were told we'd be invited in for a new brakes, and we are still waiting.. There is no excuse..

I can not, of course, speak for anyone but myself, but If I were workhorse. BOSCH would be down a customer.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueii View Post
Faye does have a valid point Driver.
We are all at wits end, as I imagine you are. You are the "Go To Person" we all use, as WHC does not put out regular updates.
rogueii, It's nice to hear from you again.

I certainly do not mind answering direct questions IF I have answer to provide. We can certainly discuss any number of issues, anecdotes and operational issues however I do not have an answer for when nor can I assuage concern other than to offer that we are all in the same position. The best "when" answer remains that provided by Davel and that's when a sufficient number of caliper have been received by Workhorse parts.

I will not mislead you guys and I will always try to present the best information that I have. That's all we can do until we receive the campaign letter which should be the "next" mailing that we get from Workhorse. I am hoping for all of us that it happens soon.

About the percentages of calipers received, I don't expect that Workhorse will be receiving piecemeal shipment and that Bosch will ship and or more importantly "release" the resolution calipers all at once.