Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #1

My 2002 Worhorse Chassis is the shop due to a failure in the steering column and the shop cannot identify parts needed to do a repair. Can someone help me with a breakdown of the steering column with part numbers. The two nearest Workhorse service centers shops said they can't help. If we could get the part numbers, the repair shop said they could possibily get the part from GM common usage items. As is, they don't even know what part number to order from Workhorse. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Steve
spoppish@suddenlink.net

BB501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #2

My 2002 Worhorse Chassis is the shop due to a failure in the steering column and the shop cannot identify parts needed to do a repair. Can someone help me with a breakdown of the steering column with part numbers. The two nearest Workhorse service centers shops said they can't help. If we could get the part numbers, the repair shop said they could possibily get the part from GM common usage items. As is, they don't even know what part number to order from Workhorse. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Steve
spoppish@suddenlink.net

Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
To order the parts I believe you have to be a service center but I could be wrong. You have to get the service center involved in resolving your problem.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BB501:
The two nearest Workhorse service centers shops said they can't help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you going to real Workhorse dealers or GM-only dealers?

If the dealer can't find information at their shop, they have resources to call at Workhorse to get it.

If they won't help you, then you need to call roadside assistance to log a complaint. 8779467731

Have you talked to the Service Manager or Parts Manager about their employees that won't help you out? That should have been step two on your part.

I smell laziness from your contacts at the dealers.

What exactly is broken in your column? Can you describe? What's the VIN? Or atleast what model chassis do you have?

parts_expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #5

DriVer,
Yes sir. I tried that number the last time I needed a Workhorse part. I never did get to talk to a real person. I did get switched to the receptionist that was really another recording informing me that I should leave a number and they would call me. After a week I gave up and the shop put a band aid on my problem to fix it.

The shop just now called the number you listed and got the same service. Nothing.

I guess us workhorse owners are forced to donate $200. to Workhorse for a parts manual so we can buy their parts-maybe.
Thanks anyway.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BB501:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you read the post from parts_expert. I think he's right on the money.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM   #7

Parts Expert,
VIN is 5B4LP57G623348207. My truck repair shop does not have a break down of the steering column so he does ot know what to ask for other than nomenclature ie. a plastic plate with three holes etc. What's broken is the horn, turn signals, brake lights and high beam control. What I need more than anything is a parts breakdown. Thanks for your response.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #8

The 630 number that Driver posted out of good will is just a local number for an office and is not meant as a 'help line'. That is why you couldn't get through.

As I said, your first few dealers should have called their hotline with Workhorse to help you. Call and complain to 8779467731.

I'll see what I can dig up but I'm afraid it won't be a breakdown.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #9

Here's what you can do. Your Workhorse dealer Service Dept CAN check their service manuals for a diagram.

You can also goto a GM dealer that understands trucks and have them bring up a diagram out of their parts disc for a '99 P32 with cruise and delay wipers and tilt. Column number is 26050060.

Here are some numbers you might need.
Bright lights switch 26019660
Bright lights switch rod 26015757
Turn Signal Switch 01995976
Wiper Switch 26028849/W8000510
Stop Lamp Switch 10170430

I'm thinking your turn signal switch might just be bad as it connects alot of wiring in there, but then again I'm not a service guy.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
To order the parts I believe you have to be a service center but I could be wrong. You have to get the service center involved in resolving your problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Driver, That's ridiculous and you know it.
If you could get WH to do just one thing, this needs to be it.
ANYBODY can buy Ford, Chevy or any other vehicle parts. I'm wondering how long WH can stay in business if the owners can not get parts for this expensive machine.
Good heavens, I can order parts for my Chinese weed whacker or may Chinese , Harbor Freight table saw.
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's eally nice of you to post those part #'s, Parts Expert.
I saved them and put them in my documents for the WH in case I need them later.
While I was in there I noticed that I did'nt have part #'s for the top and bottom radiator hoses. Would you happen to have them?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
Driver, That's ridiculous and you know it.
If you could get WH to do just one thing, this needs to be it.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>max, The fact that you need to buy parts from a WCC service center is not unique to Workhorse. You really can't buy anything for a Freightliner, Spartan, John Deere or Ford motorhome component without first visiting their respective pasts counters.

I'm switching channels now to the Chat Room.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The two nearest Workhorse service centers shops said they can't help.
spoppish@suddenlink.net </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
The two nearest Workhorse service centers shops said they can't help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>max, I don't think that all the facts are in at the moment because this allegation is really unprecedented.

If you went to a vendor and they said they couldn't help you I believe there is definitely a path toward resolution that may not be fully explored.

parts_expert has put forward a commendable effort however even he does not have a crystal ball regarding all the variables that are unknown regarding BB501's motorhome.

I would like to reserve comment until all the facts are in regarding "2" service centers that "refuse" to work or assist their customer.....