Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Help Wanted With Actia Instrument Cluster

Has anyone installed a Actia instrument cluster in their 2003 Winnebago with a workhorse chaise. my screen that shows the miles and what gear I am in is broken and I would like very much to replace it, but can't figure out how to disconnect it from the dash. Thank You in advance
gaige1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The company is still in business. I would suggest you call their customer service number and ask.

Also, there was a recall on these that included 2003. Had a 2003 Pace Arrow on a workhorse. They replaced it free and I think I only paid labor to install.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ultra RV has a nice LED replacement, give them a call, they might be able to help with getting the cluster out
Old 07-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

The entire Actia cluster has to come out of your dash and you'll need to reach behind it and unplug two (I think) wire harnesses. You can send the entire cluster to Ultra or they sell a DIY kit to replace the LCD screen yourself. see: www.ultrarvproducts.com , a sponsor here.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #5
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine was replaced for free and my 12 year old grandson installed it.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #6

Yes, get the new blue LCD. Did min a couple of years ago and it makes a huge difference.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig36 View Post
The company is still in business. I would suggest you call their customer service number and ask.

Also, there was a recall on these that included 2003. Had a 2003 Pace Arrow on a workhorse. They replaced it free and I think I only paid labor to install.

How do you find if your RV was included in the recall?
Old 07-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would like to know that too, mine is bad as well, is the blue upgrade about the same price?
Vw triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ed Gray posted this back in 2011.

The IP cluster recall ( Saftey Campaign # 50402-C ) was issued in December 2004 to address a problem with "incorrect software" which might not illuminate the ABS warning lamp.

The last six digits of the chassis vin that were covered by the recall are:

Model year 2003....Vins ending in 354720 to 376627....14,692 units
Model Year 2004....Vins ending in 376625 to 394550....15,649 units

The "fix" was to "reflash" or re-program the software so the idiot lamp would come on, if a problem was detected. Only those dealers who did not have the ability to do the "reflash" using a laptop computer had to remove and return the cluster to Actia for re-programming.

The recall had nothing to do with "pixel failure" in the LCD, and AFAIK, there has been no recall for that problem. Unfortunately, if you are out-of-warranty, you need to deal directly with Actia to get a replacement cluster. The LCD alone is not available, it is an integral part of the entire IP cluster.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post

The IP cluster recall ( Saftey Campaign # 50402-C ) was issued in December 2004 to address a problem with "incorrect software" which might not illuminate the ABS warning lamp.

The "fix" was to "reflash" or re-program the software so the idiot lamp would come on, if a problem was detected. Only those dealers who did not have the ability to do the "reflash" using a laptop computer had to remove and return the cluster to Actia for re-programming.

The recall had nothing to do with "pixel failure" in the LCD, and AFAIK, there has been no recall for that problem. Unfortunately, if you are out-of-warranty, you need to deal directly with Actia to get a replacement cluster. The LCD alone is not available, it is an integral part of the entire IP cluster.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Back to the OP's original question on removal of the cluster. In every MH brand, the dash seems to be assembled differently. To remove my cluster the entire top of the dash has to be removed to access the screws holding the cluster in place. Hopefully someone with the same MH will chime in.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post

It was my belief that the LCD is available from Ultra RV Products. Please see link: Ultra RV Products Replacement LCD for Actia
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
It was my belief that the LCD is available from Ultra RV Products. Please see link: Ultra RV Products Replacement LCD for Actia
You are correct that the LCD is now available from Ultra, and I posted that fact in #4, above. My post from 2011 (being quoted above) was written long before Ultra came up with their much-needed solution to the failing pixel issue.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is why I said that it was posted in 2011.