Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a great price on the Spectra Fuel pump

Found a great price on the Spectra Premium SP6100M Fuel Pump $50 for the Workhorse chassis, thought I would share. I have NO interest in the listing, I also included the link for Spectra products.

Spectra SP6100M Fuel Pump Module Assembly | eBay

Spectra Premium Industries | Fuel Pump Assemblies
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

That is a heck of a good price. Given the big job of changing it,the price may assume less importance at the side of the road if it fails.However, I had a healthy skepticism about the one I bought from WH. as the OEM part number had been superseded so many times the parts man was running out of patience. All this left me wondering just what had I bought and in fact would a much cheaper one be just as serviceable?

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The 6100M pump is not for use on the 8.1 engine with multiple port fuel injection, according to Spectra fitment chart.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
At my shop I quit installing Spectra pumps, to many comebacks due to pump failure.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
The 6100M pump is not for use on the 8.1 engine with multiple port fuel injection, according to Spectra fitment chart.
I got the Spectra part # from Oemys website, which if it was listed their I would think he has verified this part # for the W22 chassis, maybe Oemy will chime in.

Oemy's Web Site - RV Chassis Parts Xref W Series
Old 02-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92TNTRacing View Post
At my shop I quit installing Spectra pumps, to many comebacks due to pump failure.
so what pump does your shop use? that you don't see come back.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
I got the Spectra part # from Oemys website, which if it was listed their I would think he has verified this part # for the W22 chassis, maybe Oemy will chime in.

Oemy's Web Site - RV Chassis Parts Xref W Series
With all due respect to Dale, I am quite sure there are different pumps that were used in different model years of the W series chassis, and I don't know if ANY of them were also used on the R26 UFO chassis.

I think a call to a parts expert like Jon Brazel would be worthwhile given the effort required to perform the intank R & R. I believe your vin # is required to determine exactly which pump is needed.

Hopefully Jon will correct me if the above is not correct.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
With all due respect to Dale, I am quite sure there are different pumps that were used in different model years of the W series chassis, and I don't know if ANY of them were also used on the R26 UFO chassis.

I think a call to a parts expert like Jon Brazel would be worthwhile given the effort required to perform the intank R & R. I believe your vin # is required to determine exactly which pump is needed.

Hopefully Jon will correct me if the above is not correct.
Ed,

You are absolutely correct, there were different pumps used in different years and chassis models and the best way to determine what you need is by looking it up by VIN. Some years took a couple different pumps depending on fuel tank depth. The UFO takes a unique pump that none of the W-series uses. FWIW - We have used Spectra in the past and did not have good luck either. I prefer to stick with the OEM which is mostly Delphi.
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Ed &Jon are correct. The are any number of in tank pumps used in WH chassis. The parts in the Xref are for info and have been provided by members in most cases.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks guys for all the great info
Old 02-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #11

. .I too also USED TO use aftermarket fuel pumps; too many comebacks even with "name brands". . .YMMV. . .FWIW. . .
Stuff-Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
so what pump does your shop use? that you don't see come back.
We stick with Delphi or the dealer.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had my pump replaced two summers ago during a road trip. The pump was boxed with a parts tag made in Mexico and PN 25178125, designated to the 2003 W22, . My cost was $400 (repair facilities price) plus $1000 installation. The part looked identical to original in every way.

Out of curiosity, I invested in two Ebay $30 & $40 dollar pump replacements to see how the (china made ) compared to my original pump. They compared Poorly... One was reverse wire at the pump!, the other had mold issues in the outer housing allowing unfiltered gas to enter the canister. Both delivered sufficient pressure, > then 80 psi. I did not open the pump motors.

FYI,
I decided to add an external redundant fuel pump system connecting at the filter input for about half the cost of the in tank pump. I also rerouted the return fuel to the opposite side of the tank. I may never get to use it. But it is there waiting.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
A lot of good info coming in, you guys that replace pumps for a living, what is the average lifespan of a fuel pump on an RV specifically W series

Tags
fuel