Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Can you prove otherwise?
Dale, It's not up to me to disprove or prove your original statement which I believe is not based in fact.

Quote:
... there have been a number of posters here that have said the dealer/service center could not find anything wrong ....
Ok, What's the number? ... and how does anyone show how many owners did not have any problems with their service center? You can't assume a position without having the facts about the downside which I don't believe is as severe as it would be alleged.

Quote:
Brazel's and Redland's are the exception.
I would expect out of close to 500 service centers that these guys would not be the only 2 exceptional service centers. You're painting the entire service organization with broad strokes and it's not all together warranted. There are a lot of good guys out there.

Quote:
Okay... how long do you get bad customer service before the good customer service starts?
Why would you not want to begin calling all the service centers and asking them that question. You are totally basing a few events on the entire service center organization which by in large does a good job. For example, In the News we're always seeing stories about the possibility that there might have been 1 bad cop. That doesn't mean the entire police organization is equally bad.

I believe your statement isn't fair and maybe argumentative.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Nuff said...
Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Nuff said...
You're the man!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #18

Don`t have to know anyone personally, all you have to do is read these boards.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
NEAR Essex Jct VT WH Seminar

The summation of those in attendence at the NEAR WH chassis seminar in Vermont today was interesting. During the seminar very few in attendence seemed to be aware of the importance of brake fluid servicing.
I suggested to those in attendence that a few minuetes on this forum may be well spent.
I might suggest WH or someone (?) may want to do a better job of getting that word out to the masses.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You'd think Workhorse would be embarassed about this situation, but it doesn't seem to bother them much at all.

If Workhorse doesn't know any thing about brakes, you know Bosch does and certainly knows them better than any NTSB government employee. They could have fixed the problem long before the investigation ended. They were just playing dumb, seeing how long the government employees would take to figure out the problem with their brakes. Must have cost the tax payers plenty.

I can't imagine Toyota, Honda, Ford or any other mfgr allowing their reputation to be almost ruined because of what is arguably the most important safety feature of any motor vehicle, the brakes.

There must be no interest in this matter because there are relatively so few motorhomes. Peterbuilt or Kenworth could'nt get away with it either.

If the media or press would show an interest in this, the brakes would get fixed fast or WH & Bosch would be chapter11 fast.

Motorhome drivers must be some of the best drivers in the world, that they can drive these 10 & 12 ton + motorhomes with dangerous brakes and have few to no accidents.

Then to add insult to injury, often the mfgr reps try to blame the driver for the brake problems , shame on WH and Bosch for putting all their customers and the taxpayers through that long investigation, and then continue to 'drag their feet' and continue to procrastinate.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
Guy's......Looking at the picture of the OP's link, this fire happened on a 1999 or 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. Probably on a P30 Chassis.

So what do any of your post have anything to do with the post of the OP?

Also what does the P30 chassis have to do with the current W22 recall?

Driver and Oemy.......did you guy's have anything funny to drink today?
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Nope.. just voicing a difference of opinion.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Driver and Oemy.......did you guy's have anything funny to drink today?
gonzo,

Regarding Dale, I know Dale. I am very honored to call Dale a friend. Like in any family you are going to get 2 people who will communicate with one another and express themselves. This is a healthy thing to do. It is not our focus to present to you readers a petty bickering session but each others obligation to reach out and present alternate viewpoints.

Quote:
Spoonman made a point to bring up that, "Don`t have to know anyone personally, all you have to do is read these boards.
I think what I do here is personal because I carry with me what we write here out into the seminar environment over a dozen times a year. My being able to bring forward from the back of my mind the things you write here and compare that to what someone standing in front of me is saying in person is invaluable.

Bdaball just wrote about "knowing someone personally" obviously he met up with our iRV2 member "MikeT" who was working the rally in Essex Junction, VT. There and four more guys just like him that are eager to meet people, sit down with them and talk about how best to resolve any situation that presents itself to a Workhorse chassis owner.

About that let me say this, I know a lot of you guys out there because we have met in person and although we can write here almost anonymously all anyone needs to do is send me a PM. It will always be my focus to reach out and personally know as many of you as possible. Why? Because that's what I do.

iRV2 is also an excellent and "in my opinion" the best resource for owners to stay in touch with the latest news and information. I would hope that you would agree that this place is one of the better places that you can visit to obtain answers to concerns about your chassis. Unlike many other sites, dialog that presents nothing but an opportunity vent anger, resolves nothing other than to foster resentment and fester in anger.

At the end of the day I just hope that the time you spend here has improved your understanding and bettered your RV'ing experience.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
At the end of the day I just hope that the time you spend here has improved your understanding and bettered your RV'ing experience.

It does for me!
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Guy's......Looking at the picture of the OP's link, this fire happened on a 1999 or 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. Probably on a P30 Chassis.
Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees.

Maybe a year or so ago someone put up in this forum a story about a brake failure that caused a fatality and that was the title of the post. That turned out to be an older rear diesel pusher and the brakes didn't kill the guy, he was hit in the head by a cabinet that ripped off the wall. What was remembered here is the title of the post and that it was in the Workhorse Forum and it was a fatality.

Unsubstantiated stories or events like this sure do present an opportunity to open the wounds and pour in a little salt.

What was related in the story was that this was a rental. That was my first eye opener because I don't know very many W-Series vehicles that are in rental fleets due to cost. Arlington for instance rents out Class A motorhomes but by their admission Fords are less expensive to buy for that purpose.

Additional to this story is the guy stated he was feeling the brakes grabbing however he continued down the road. Inexperience or unfamiliarity with a vehicle any vehicle will yield these types of results. Anyone of us here who know our vehicles well would be able to identify and react to this type of situation before it turned into a disaster. I've driven a chassis with a bad rotor(s) and it'll immediately telegraph your butt dyno that something is definitely wrong.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Putting Ford with Honda and Toyota for fast action to maintain a reputation is a reach. I seem to remember a Pinto with a gas tank that was a problem and only corrected after deaths, more recently the Explorer had a problem staying right-side-up.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #27

Quote:
GONZO: Since you have a 2002 HR, I'm thinking your opinion as to year model is probably accurate. As you know, if it is a 99 or 2000 MY, it cannot be on a W-22, so it's not a recall issue. Since we rarely hear about brake seizure on any P series (other than the J-71 AAPB), do you know if HR was building on other chassis brands besides Chevy back then?
Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
GONZO: Since you have a 2002 HR, I'm thinking your opinion as to year model is probably accurate. As you know, if it is a 99 or 2000 MY, it cannot be on a W-22, so it's not a recall issue. Since we rarely hear about brake seizure on any P series (other than the J-71 AAPB), do you know if HR was building on other chassis brands besides Chevy back then?
Thanks, ED

Yes, HR did build on Ford back then as well. Here is a link to a 2000 Vacationer on sale on-line with a Ford Chassis. 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer The Vacationer on fire on the article of the OP could be anything from 1997 to 2000.

HR does have a nice resource available on line. Down to 2002, all information on HR MH's are on line at their archives Holiday Rambler RVs: Products

There is an e-mail if you need infos on older models that you can try.

On MH's in that vintage you can see what chassis it is by looking at the with of the track on the front wheels. Ford chassis have a wider track. As you can see on the link on the Ford above the front wheels are almost flush with the outside wall of the coach. While when you look at the P30 chassis like in this link BuySell Classifieds : Manitoba : 1998 HOLIDAY RAMBLER VACATIONER M32CG , Automatic, Overdrive Transmission, Propane Tank, Air Conditioner(Dash), Air Conditioner(Central-Ducted), Cruise Control, Queen Bed, CD, Good clean low mileage motorhome .Camping
you can not even see the front wheels because of the narrow track of the front wheels.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote