Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

How to remove Actia display for repair ?

The pixels are diminishing from the display - how does one remove it from the dashboard in order to send out for repair ?
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #2

It all depends on how Fleetwood incorporated it into their dash. Some just have a few obvious screws, others have to tear the entire dash apart. The good news is that there are only two harness connectors on the backside, which simply pull off to dis-connect. Good luck. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine was exchanged under warranty. A big issue was the actual odometer reading to remain in compliance with the law. so write it down before removing the dashboard assembly.
The readout was not a serviceable item. The whole dash assembly needed to be replaced. Unfortunately time and temperature will take its toll on the readout. A multiconductor elastomeric mechanical contact strip between the printed circuit board and the liquid crystal glass assembly looses continuity. This causes lines of missing information. All of these contacts on the glass are not visible to the bare eye, so everything is replaced.
Old fashion electroluminescent displays, or light emitting diode dot matrix displays have solder joints to the printed circuit board and do not loose electrical contact. but they cost more.
So the equivalent of cheap pocket calculator display technology is in our mega-machines. Luckily we are not airborne.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #4

Actia Display

My 2003 Infinity has similar problem, the odometer is very difficult to read, only 26,000 miles. I can adjust the contrast but the missing lines make it difficult to read the mileage. Due to mileage tampering this is not something we can do on our own legally, however, perhaps I can get a better break on aquistion of the odometer parts without the markup a dealership places on them. I'm not so sure about just the odometer replacement versus the complete unit as all the other parts of the unit appear to work fine. Is there any other way to know if only the odometer can be swaped out with out taking the whole unit appart? Where can parts be acquired?
Blair T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair T. View Post
My 2003 Infinity has similar problem, the odometer is very difficult to read, only 26,000 miles. I can adjust the contrast but the missing lines make it difficult to read the mileage. Due to mileage tampering this is not something we can do on our own legally, however, perhaps I can get a better break on aquistion of the odometer parts without the markup a dealership places on them. I'm not so sure about just the odometer replacement versus the complete unit as all the other parts of the unit appear to work fine. Is there any other way to know if only the odometer can be swapped out with out taking the whole unit apart? Where can parts be acquired?
The average bear can't take it apart and repair it but someone with the knowledge and tools can.
See HERE and HERE
Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #6

2003 Work horse odometer

Thanks Clay L. Our Rv Season has not really begun here. We have been receiving much rain, so in case it does get going soon I will wait until after our camping season to repair it. Blair T.
Blair T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Blar T
Check EBay
2000 2005 Workhorse Work Horse Winnebago Instrument Cluster Rebuild Repair | eBay

There are four listings for display repair at about $100. Some may fit your RV.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspang View Post
Hi Blar T
Check EBay
2000 2005 Workhorse Work Horse Winnebago Instrument Cluster Rebuild Repair | eBay

There are four listings for display repair at about $100. Some may fit your RV.
Thanks. I'm looking for someone who has actually had the repair done and was happy with the work. I don't want to send it to someone who could mess up my IP leaving me with the requirement to purchase a new one. I hearing that the new ones are expensive and just as unreliable.
Planemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your situation.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #10

I had my repair done by Module Masters. I have a thread in this forum on the results (Link: BBA or Module Master Repair). I didn't use BBA because they don't repair the display or replace it.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I got lucky when that happened to me.... You see, I had other issues and thus had scheduled a factory visit... I was on the way to the factory when it happened.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #12

Actia repair

X 2 on Module masters Mine was held on with 7 screws and two plugs on the back.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I had my repair done by Module Masters. I have a thread in this forum on the results (Link: BBA or Module Master Repair). I didn't use BBA because they don't repair the display or replace it.
Thank you for posting the link. Based on some other replies I have sent mine to Ultra RV. A little more expensive, $424, but I get a complete rebuild including a replacement of the LCD's.
Planemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #14

That is basically what they did to mine. Post some photos when you get it back. There are many others who are likely in the same boat and would probably be interested in your results as am I.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair