Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
HWH 6000 lb. jacks, problem

I stupidly moved my 32 Class A before the right front jack was fully retracted, and as a result broke the small vertical stop cable. Does anyone have any experience with replacing it ? Looks simple enough, ( once I am able to source one,) Probably could use help as to how to adjust it once it is in.
P.S. manual refers to brochure M 195.62, anyone have one?
Free Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might check the jack manufactures web site for your information.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #3

Are you referring to the sensor wire?
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
No, it is not a wire, but a cable with adjuster nuts on the end. I am trying to send you a schematic here, hope it works http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml13514.pdf go to page 20 and look at left hand drawing, it is called a Verticle Stop Adjuster.
Thanks,
Tom in Florida

P.S., Drawing on right on P.20 shows actuator cable which appears to be the same cable in drawing, but I am confused as to whether or not it is, and how to adjust them.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird View Post
Drawing on right on P.20 shows actuator cable which appears to be the same cable in drawing, but I am confused as to whether or not it is, and how to adjust them.
You are correct. You have what we call the "kickdown" jack system. The actuator kicks the jack into the vertical position via the actuator cable. The vertical stop adjustment simply allows the jack to stop in the proper position.

Replace the cable and position the adjustment nuts as close as you can to where the old ones were. Then run the jack and fine tune the adjustment if needed.

While your under there, spray those pivot points real good. They are bad about rusting and collecting dirt therefore not allowing the jack legs to flip up to the horizontal position. I would suggest spraying them good with WD-40, PB blaster, etc. and run them until they're obviously free. Let that stuff evaporate (couple days) then respray with a good graphite based spray lube. NAPA has a good product for this.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Kick down jacks

Thank you so much for your reply, it was a great help to me and I appreciate it very much. Hopefully, I may be able to reuse the one that the end broke off of, it makes it an inch shorter, but maybe I can get that much by backin off the adjuster nut on other end. If not, do you know where I can purchase new one?
Thanks, Tom in SW Florida
Old 07-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird View Post
If not, do you know where I can purchase new one?
Thanks, Tom in SW Florida
Most any RV dealer should be able to get HWH parts. I'm pretty certain we can. We're in Sarasota. I'll ask our parts man about it. Some of that stuff companies build specifically at the coach builder's direction so replacement parts have to come from the coach builder. I'll note your coach brand/model and your HWH system and ask him today.

Oh .... we're also a Forest River trailer dealer but not motor coaches. Still, I'm certain that our parts guy will know if it's a common HWH part of FR specific.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have purchased parts direct from HWH. A phone call and parts were shipped the next day.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #9

Free Bird, the cable is available from HWH. Part number is RAP7194 and cost should be about $38.78 USD.

Tags
hwh, jacks