Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Intrument cluster

My MH backlights behind the intrument cluster keeps going out and blowing a 10A fuse. My MH is currently in the dealer's hands for this problem. They stated that there may be a possibility of a bad intrument cluster. Does anyone have any idea regarding the cost of intrument cluster with install? I have a 2004 Nemar Scottsdale with the Workhorse
chassis. Thanks ...............
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
We replaced ours last month, $673 including installation. Thank goodness for extended service contract, paid $50.00
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXredfish View Post
They stated that there may be a possibility of a bad instrument cluster. Does anyone have any idea regarding the cost of instrument cluster with install? ...
TXredfish, Have your service center call the Regional Service Manager and see if he will authorize the replacement of the cluster. You may still be liable for the labor but I would try to find out if this is possible.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had ours replaced. Cost $625.00 and I installed it my self. Workhorse sent me a check for the cost. Workhorse is a great company.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
some people have all the luck. I've tried to get wh to help on mine but no luck and yes I was real nice. I thought since this was an ongoing problem they would at least send me one so I could rpl it.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have an Itasca 29R and Winnebago has no warranty as far as I am concerned but Workhorse has been great, They (HR) have done warranty past the three years. WH have been great. Winnebago on the other hand have been a nightmare to get any warranty out of.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #7

WH has been great to me. I am on my third dash cluster, and WH has replaced all three. The last was in September. I would try again. In the past, they replaced all four shocks, catalytic converters (under recall), and heavy duty air dam in front engine compartment. When it was in for the last dash cluster, they also installed the zerk in the brake drag link for me. I am sure they would have been happy to do more, but the chassis has been awesome. No problems with the brakes hanging yet knock on wood. 23k miles. This Spring lots of periodic maintenance to do. Good luck on your dash reimbursement.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAN View Post
We have an Itasca 29R and Winnebago has no warranty as far as I am concerned but Workhorse has been great, They (HR) have done warranty past the three years. WH have been great. Winnebago on the other hand have been a nightmare to get any warranty out of.
Its kinda funny(I dont mean laughing at you funny). Just the opp for me. Winn has been great to me all though I havnt had to many problems with the box. They just repaired my ac duct. The ser center had to pull the back of the mh to make the repair. All at no charge to me. Thats why I will not buy anything but a winn. Im a walking, talking bullintin board for them.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
Winn has been great to me all though I haven't had to many problems with the box. They just repaired my ac duct. The ser center had to pull the back of the mh to make the repair. All at no charge to me.
Exact same thing here .... I had mine done in Pooler, GA.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had to pay to have the front bumper stress cracks fixed. They were built so week that they had to be re-enforced. Winnebago was no help. I sent them lots of pictures but Winnebago still wouldn't fix, so I paid to have it fixed. This next one is the one that realy turned me off of Winnebago. When they build the slides they set them out in there yard wrapped in plastic. A black strip of plastic is used as a lath to hold the plastic on the slide. So when they installed the slide they didn't remove the plastic lath on the bottom of the slide, it was just left there with the plastic rapped around it. We had the M/H 2 months to the day and we had slept in it two nights when I noticed this piece of plastic lath rapped in plastic stiking out of the bottom of the slide. I paid $150.00 drove 240 miles to have this removed. The people that removed it tore the slide rubber and that is the way it as been to this day. It was done at an Itasca dealer. I was unable to remove it my self. Winnebago would not pay the dealer for this work. So I had to pay. I say Winnebago has one of the poorest warrantys there is. I am not a complainer, I am just tell it like it is.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
After reading this thread and doing a search on this same topic it seems wh has replaced quite a few under the good faith. The more I thought about it the more upset I got. Why are these other wh owners being treated any diff than myself. I've been having this problems for a few years but after I was told no by wh I just let it go. This cluster is and has been a problem. In fact when I called I was just barely out of warr. Some people have had theirs replaced after 5 years or more. Im going to call them again and maybe they can explain why they would treat those folks so diff. Thats just not good business pratice.