Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Winstonbaby:
Got the Koni's installed today along with the track bar. I took it on a short shake-down trip of a couple of miles and noticed right away that the ride is noticeably softer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Your impressions are consistent with mine. Thank you for sharing.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #16

Thanks for the update Winstonbaby. I am getting close to buying some Konis for my harsh ride!!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When my IRS refund check comes in at the end of March, I'm getting a set of Koni FSD shocks for our 2004 Allegro Bay 37DB. Bagman.
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I installed 4 Koni FSD's and a rear trac bar. WOW what a difference a much softer ride and a pleasure to drive. Now I'm finished with the mods...............yeah right.
Marty
Old 02-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marty & Yani:
.... yeah right...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There's no such thing as too much power! "Tim Taylor!" Ruffff ruufff
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #20

A quick question for Bagman or anybody else that may know. When did Allegro change to the Monroe shocks? I have a 2004 32BA Allegro and the front of the RV bounces pretty bad, however I have nothing to compare it to, so I always thought it was normal.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dnebout:
When did Allegro change to the Monroe shocks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As far as I know most chassis in your date range or earlier were built using DSP shocks which were designed by Monroe. The follow on shock was the Bilstein. Monroe RV Magnums were installed by Workhorse in order to resolve issues for those chassis that fell within a specific operational range.

Bouncing or porpoising has recently been dealt a fatal blow using after market shocks such as the Koni FSD.

If you are experiencing this type control issue you may want to consider an after market solution.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:59 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's involved in changing the shocks? I've never looked.
Brian
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dnebout:
When did Allegro change to the Monroe shocks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As far as I know most chassis in your date range or earlier were built using DSP shocks which were designed by Monroe. The follow on shock was the Bilstein. Monroe RV Magnums were installed by Workhorse in order to resolve issues for those chassis that fell within a specific operational range.

Bouncing or porpoising has recently been dealt a fatal blow using after market shocks such as the Koni FSD.

If you are experiencing this type control issue you may want to consider an after market solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think workhorse would send me the Monroe Magnums at this point?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Do you think workhorse would send me the Monroe Magnums at this point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In order to answer your question, I would need to know your year, make and model.

If you are under warranty and you fall within a specific weight ratio you may qualify for front shocks. One other requirement is that both your axle weights are required in order to proceed.

Thanks for joining us here in the Workhorse Chassis Forum and please come back and visit us often.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:27 AM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Winstonbaby:
I bought them at the same place, shox.com

Not really sure what they list as the price per piece, but was quoted $476 for all 4 both on the website and from the salesman at their listed number.

And yes, I'm happy with the price, although I have not actually recieved them as of yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I show the same price (online at shox.com). Should I call just to make sure these are the correct ones for the W-22 or just order online? And who would install these?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

Not really sure what they list as the price per piece, but was quoted $476 for all 4 both on the website and from the salesman at their listed number.

And yes, I'm happy with the price, although I have not actually recieved them as of yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I show the same price (online at shox.com). Should I call just to make sure these are the correct ones for the W-22 or just order online? And who would install these? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered mine on the phone just to make sure they were in stock. The sales person was very helpful and seemed to know what he was doing . Also, I installed them myself, but was the funnest thing I did that day!

Our Bulldog "Winston"
Winstonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

I show the same price (online at shox.com). Should I call just to make sure these are the correct ones for the W-22 or just order online? And who would install these? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered mine on the phone just to make sure they were in stock. The sales person was very helpful and seemed to know what he was doing . Also, I installed them myself, but was the funnest thing I did that day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got mine at SHOX.COM, paid $476 for the 4 of 'em, and got 'em installed at the local alignment shop for $120.