Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Per my conversation with Mr. Azzi ten minutes ago Bosch is working with Workhorse on the brake fix. He said he would try to get Workhorse to update me-us on the matter.

Mike Fire
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
Per my conversation with Mr. Azzi ten minutes ago Bosch is working with Workhorse on the brake fix. He said he would try to get Workhorse to update me-us on the matter.

Mike Fire
Mike,
Thank you for your efforts here.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #59

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Mike Fire
NOw THAT! is how you get to the bottom of an issue! PICK UP THE PHONE!

Mr.Fire "Lights a fire"!

But I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that "Official Update"
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #60

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Mike Fire
Mike,

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.

Bill

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Mike, It would therefore stand to reason that Workhorse is not lying to its customers and is telling the truth. I guess that answers the question ...
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
... He said he would try to get Workhorse to update me-us on the matter.
As soon as any information becomes available, you folks here will be the first ones to know about it.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
how many parking spaces are at bosch? thats a quick fix think they would get tired of looking at all of us?
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #64

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Mike, It would therefore stand to reason that Workhorse is not lying to its customers and is telling the truth. I guess that answers the question ...
Mike,
Working with Workhorse and tooling up to produce calipers sounds like two different things to me. I'm not at all sure the original question has been answered. Is tooling and production under way or not? The original quote attributed to Mr Azzi was that tooling wasn't underway.

You have the contacts at Workhorse. What do they say with respect to Mr. Azzi's claim?

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
You have the contacts at Workhorse. What do they say with respect to Mr. Azzi's claim?
I fully expect to have an answer for that question before the week is out.

At this time Workhorse has stated; "Workhorse is now starting the production phase, which includes tooling for the final remedy" I do not have evidence to the contrary that refutes that statement (even though) Workhorse isn't building the calipers.

Azzi said; (Bosch); "Bosch is working with Workhorse on the brake fix."

These statements appear to be in sync. If you don't see it that way perhaps you have evidence that these statements are false. Personally I can't arm chair quarterback this thing and all I have to go on is what they said. I can't get into Azzi's head to figure out what he meant. I expect that he is trying to keep his updated responses as short as possible.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #66

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like Azzi's vacaton request was turned down...!
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #67

Quote:
Azzi said; (Bosch); "Bosch is working with Workhorse on the brake fix."

These statements appear to be in sync. If you don't see it that way perhaps you have evidence that these statements are false. Personally I can't arm chair quarterback this thing and all I have to go on is what they said. I can't get into Azzi's head to figure out what he meant. I expect that he is trying to keep his updated responses as short as possible.
This whole deal with Workhorse reminds me of when we bought our first house. Since we signed papers in '65 and the builder said we would be in in April we just assumed '66. We got to move in in April of '67. I think he now works at WH.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #68

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Maybe its just me but at this moment I don't see the need to take a trip to Bosch and VERIFY that Bosch is retooling. Who does business like that anyway? Don't they have phones in Indiana?
Actually any good company worried about quality control or production does take trips and reviews the factories, sub contractors and production lines to make sure what they are buying or having built is being done properly.

The company I work for has factories in Taiwan and Hong Kong. We also sub contract to factories in China and Mexico. You better believe we send people over to see how the factories are working and our engineers go over at least once or twice a year to check quality standards and to solve any issues they see there. My job requires me to manage and work with our custom brokers and I tour the import warehouses and even go to the ship yards to see how our containers and products are being handled.

If you think Navistar/Workhorse have not been to Bosch then you probably have never been involved in production or manufacturing. I would bet Navistar has had general meetings, engineering meetings, plant and production tours on a regular basis with Bosch, even before the recall. I would guess Navistar/Workhorse does this with every supplier the deal directly with. If Workhorse has not been doing this, then this might explain why Workhorse was in bad shape before Navistar bought them out.
dezertcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertcamper View Post
Actually any good company worried about quality control or production does take trips and reviews the factories, sub contractors and production lines to make sure what they are buying or having built is being done properly.
dezertcamper, Did you miss my first sentence? I wrote: "Your post suggests that this didn't already happen. "

Everything you wrote is true and all the component and chassis builder reps visit one another routinely. That's what they build golf courses for.