Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Koni Shocks Workhorse UFO, at Brazel's

I recently had four new Koni FSD shocks installed by Brazel's. I waited to post, until I put some miles on it. We have gone several thousand miles, through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. A lot of mountain driving and two lane highway driving. Mike, at Brazel's, told me that he was so sure I would love it he would save my Bilstein shocks and put them back on if I wanted to. What comes to mind is night and day, black and white, etc. The difference is dramatic. The routes we took we took in April of this year, so we had something to measure it by. I am amazed at the difference. They worked exactly as Brazel's stated. You feel the initial bump and the coach rebounds immediately to normal. No more porpoising! My wife and I love them. She actually feels safer and more relaxed. I love a good experience!
JimO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes I agree. We had the same reaction after we install them on our UFO chassis. Best mod to date on mine! Greg
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Same feeling we had as well, love them! What a difference, night and day.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
In September on '09 we stopped at Brazel's after our trip to Alaska. Along with other work, we had Koni FSD's installed. By the time we got 5 miles down I-5 my wife said "What a difference in the ride!" I figure that's who I have to please.

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Koni FSD Shock is a good choice for an aftermarket replacement. Going on 4 years with ours.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #6

Why don't companies use them as original equipment?
beetleboya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetleboya View Post
Why don't companies use them as original equipment?
beetleboya; I certainly do not see anything wrong with Bilstein Shock absorbers being installed as Original Equipment on either the Workhorse or Ford chassis. Freightliner uses a Sachs shock as OE equipment and I believe that the Monaco Roadmaster may also come with the Sachs Shocks as well. The Workhorse R-Series came with Gabriel Shocks.

Although I expect that Koni would love the opportunity to go OE on RV chassis the Bilstein shocks I expect are priced more competitively.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brazels, koni, shocks, ufo, workhorse