Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #15

Thanks Driver! I'm still learning.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #16

I tried something that I read about here (forget the author's name, sorry!) on our recent trip through the South and South West. I blocked off my fresh air intake (under the hood, passenger's side), which then forces the system into "recirculating" mode full time. This eliminates pulling in air from the outside - which is hot when you want to be cool, and freezing when you want to be warm?

Bottom line? Worked great! With the roof AC's on, the cab blower running on medium, while on the heat side (heat set to "cold" of course!), there's no drag on the engine turning the cab AC compressor, and nice cool air picked up off the floor is blown in your face even in 100 degree heat! FWIW....
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post

This isn't a Workhorse problem by the way since these devices are supplied, installed and supported by the coach builder.
When I ask questions it has more to do with my learning process then to point a finger at any manufacturer. I know that over time some items wear and may stop operating as intended. I also know that there is a ton for experience on these pages that come up with fixes and tricks to make things better and may not indicate a wide spread problem. If this is a small problem based on the number of units in operation I may not take any action. If more common I may get the replacement parts and have them ready or I make the change as preventative maintenance. This is my first class "A" and I have a lot to learn. So I bow to those who are smarter then this humble new guy
Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
TheArnolds,

I think Driver was pointing out there is confusion around the lines of demarcation on what parts the chassis builder and coach builder use for the final product. This is especially true for the dash air. The chassis builder provides all those parts connected to the engine and the coach builder provides the rest,ie: the valve, the heater box, and the dash controls.....lots of opportunity for confusion.

You are correct about this being a great place to get info. I have been on this site at least once a day since 2005. My wife thinks I'm a little bit addicted.

Good luck,
Dave
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
I tried to go that route with the barbed fittings made of plastic. The diameter of those fittings made it almost impossible to insert into the heater hose. Maybe steel barbed fittings might work better. That is why I went with sweat fittings. Have had no problems with slippage using good worm drive clamps.
The brass barbs work pretty easy!
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Reading these posts it would appear the this is a common problem and others should consider the modification or is there some way to check to see if you have some flow when the heater is shut off?
With the valve supposedly closed, and engine warm, feel the hoses. If they are hot, your valve is leaking by, otherwise you are probably still good.
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel View Post

I think Driver was pointing out there is confusion around the lines of demarcation on what parts the chassis builder and coach builder use for the final product. Good luck,
Dave
Dave: Thanks, I understand...DriVer has been very helpful to me and many other and I value his advice and comments!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have had that valve for some time also, this post will explain why, just do not forget to turn it back on during the fall & winter months or DW may not be happy.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash