Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #1

Mystery alarm

2003 workhorse
8.1 have a beeping type alarm going off when moving in drive only, have pulled auto park alarm fuse .step alarm fuse and Jack's fuse, not seat belt that is a chime, any other ideas pulled instrument cluster and covered up a speaker on cluster did not help on sound,anyone know where all these alarms are located,appreciate all suggestions.Back up alarm was removed years ago that is the type of beeps I hear. Thanks John Have on

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Could you add your leveling system , manufacturer and series type to your post .
There should be a " Jacks down " warning light as well as a beeper/buzzer .
Do you see that warning light ? Is it operational ? When the buzzer is sounding are there any lights on the leveler control panel lit up?
I ask because my HWH leveling system wiring diagram shows the , warning buzzer/light on a separate fuse from the main control box .
Any chance your coach is equipped with an antenna up warning ?
Slide not fully in warning ? Compartment door ajar ?
Seems you've covered the chassis related systems , brake,levelers,belts and BU. maybe time to look to coach systems instead of chassis.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #3

As stated I had pulled alarm fuse for Power Gear levelers, they have not been used since tried them at dealer when bought coach new in 2003, no slides or auto locking storage or tv antenna.If I could find location of alarm I could disconnect it,but hard to find when only comes on above 3-5 mph,cuts off when stop for red lights and resumes when you move. On a trip and bought ear plugs but very annoying still about 2 weeks travel left,have done about 500 hundred miles with issue so far. Thanks for you suggestions.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #4

I have a 2004 Damon Challenger on P32 workhorse chassis . If I leave the turn single on to long I get a beeping alarm.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check for low fluid level in jacks reservoir...
Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 AM   #6

Do you have a Tire Pressure monitoring system? Mine beeps occasionally while driving because it's looking for the Toad tires when I'm not pulling the Toad.

David
Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #7

Not turn signal much louder high pitch constant alarm.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #8

Been done, taking all suggestions you all have, keep in mind only happens when in drive and when moving.Really would like to know location of all alarms so can disable it.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #9

Do you have a Remco lube pump system in your toad ?
Or tow a toad ? Guess I should have asked that first.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #10

Have a toad and tried both ways no lube pump, no tire monitoring , does one alarm work all items on an alarm?
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #11

We have the Workhorse chassis with 8.1. Ours has the standard beep when key first turned on and the jacks down beep. There may be another alarm type beep such as low oil pressure or something like that, but i've never heard it. Wish i could help but i have no idea what your alarm might be.

Sorry to be off topic but while i'm here,,, Was that a mistype, or did you mean to say that you haven't used the levelers since you bought in 2003?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #12

Mystery alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Halv View Post
2003 workhorse

8.1 have a beeping type alarm going off when moving in drive only, have pulled auto park alarm fuse .step alarm fuse and Jack's fuse, not seat belt that is a chime, any other ideas pulled instrument cluster and covered up a speaker on cluster did not help on sound,anyone know where all these alarms are located,appreciate all suggestions.Back up alarm was removed years ago that is the type of beeps I hear. Thanks John Have on

Hit store on jacks panel and see if the alarm goes away. Mine will creep down a little and trigger the alarm. If that is the case you might want to check the return springs to see if they are in good shape if that is the type you have, and you also could have a bad valve that is leaking.( not seating or a bad seal )
Old 09-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have a jack leaking down, the alarm will sound as soon as you turn the key on. Try it sometime and you will see.

To the OP:
See if you can contact a member "Wayne M". He has chased a jack alarm problem and I believe he will know where the alarm is physically located.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #14

alarm

The overtravel alarm switch is screwed into the flange of the actuator hydraulic cylinder - - not on a motor. The switch is NORMALLY ON. It has to be ON to prevent the overtravel alarm from sounding. So, if you unplug this switch, the alarm will go off. If you DO unplug the switch, then you need to put a jumper between the two wires on the switch connector - - so the circuit will "think" the switch is plugged in. If that is not the source of your alarm, then it is not involved with the autopark to the best of my knowledge.

The above is what I sent John that cured the problem.

Roger - - aka oldusedbear