Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #1

I was told by a Workhorse spokesman at the Redmond Rally that Workhorse will make a formal presentation to National RV next week regarding this. Should be more info at thr National Getaway in Pendelton. Will try to get more info.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #2

I was told by a Workhorse spokesman at the Redmond Rally that Workhorse will make a formal presentation to National RV next week regarding this. Should be more info at thr National Getaway in Pendelton. Will try to get more info.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bill, looking forward to any information you can get regarding the "UFO" and the motor home manufacturers that are building on it. NRV has had some serious financial issues and I hope their quest into the Workhorse "UFO" chassis helps them survive! Chuck/Bagman.
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Thanks Bill, I had heard through the grape vine that NRV was "condidering" a new line based on the UFO chassis. Hopefully the unit will show-up at the October California RV Show.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #5

Don't worry about National RV surviving. Just left the Redmond Rally, where many brands were represented. The Nationals were by far the best looking. I talked to several RVers that would consider changing to a National RV. I think the Pacifica was a real head turner. If it just came on a Workhorse chassis, I think I would be hooked.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
At the last FMCA International Rally in Perry, GA - NRV had a good number of WCC front gas chassis in fact many more so than the less expensive alternate in front gas.

NRV announcing a UFO in their product line would be consistent with their confidence in Workhorse products in general and they should do well.

What we haven't seen on the radar screen would be Fleetwood, Newmar and Tiffin "rumoring" about building on a UFO.

With NRV aboard that would be 5 OEMs building on UFOs. Stay tuned boys and girls! There's more to come and the rumor mill isn't through spinning yet.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer, I know a lot of guys that are interested in the "UFO" chassis and the vast majority of them have never physically seen a motor home built on the "UFO", let alone drive one! It is just going to take time. I like our current MH and if we have to wait for another 2-3 year to find the right "UFO" based class A, that's ok with me. Bagman.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #8

I talked to a National RV management person today at the Pendelton Getaway. He said they have no plans to build on the UFO chassis, prefer to wait and see how it performs in the marketplace. Their interest is in new models using proven technology.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He said they have no plans to build on the UFO chassis, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BUMMER, Dude. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, from what I understand, NRV has more pressing issues than worrying about building a class A on the "UFO" chassis. It isn't my intention to upset any NRV owners here, but the facts are the facts and their financial future is not that stable! I know they are renting out space to Weekend Warrior and my friend "wdbates" has a list a mile long of things that went bad on his 2007 Tropi-Cal T-330. However, I have always liked their products as I have friends that have owned their Tradewinds DP and a good friend of mine owned a 2002 Dolphin and they were absolutely beautiful. I hope they survive and that is what I feel is where their minds are being focused! Chuck/Bagman57
Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #11

CHUCK: HERE is a link to a rather lengthy article in which NRV claims to be back on solid financial ground due, in large part, to the sale of Country Coach.

I guess only time will tell if their "new" approach to the business will keep them afloat long term. As for the UFO, I still think we will see more OEMs get on the bandwagon now that its first hot weather season has passed, apparently without incident. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Speaking of Workhorse Chassis, it's my understanding that all the gas coachs NRV has on display at the various rallys are on Fords.

Anybody seen to the contrary?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred and Bonnie:
Speaking of Workhorse Chassis, it's my understanding that all the gas coaches NRV has on display at the various rallies are on Fords. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Fred, My first hand experience differers in that at the FMCA Convention and other large displays and rallies I have always counted more NRVs on Workhorse than Fords.

The Dolphin LX features W24 chassis and the Workhorse push button shifter.

Obviously NRV customers like Workhorse.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That doersn't at all surprise me as the Ford F-53 chassis cost a lot less than the comparable Workhorse chassis. Furthermore, Ford has gained market share in recent years with the difference in price. However, anyone that follows the motor home business over the last six years will have to admit that Workhorse is taking the innovative lead and Ford has been playing follow the leader and keeping their price low in order to compete! Bagman57.