Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 PM   #29

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
So out of that long quote you come up with a miss-spelled word? You can do better than that can't you?
That's the statement you called ridiculous, and mis-quoted me by misspelling it. (misspelled misspelled, too)

I wish you sincere good luck in the future and hope your mechanic does a good job.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 PM   #30

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Saying that all Workhorse service centers are terrible is not fair. I know many that are very good shops (I like to think that ours is as well).
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra RV Tech View Post
Saying that all Workhorse service centers are terrible is not fair. I know many that are very good shops (I like to think that ours is as well).
I have heard yours is first rate, wish you were close by. I got the plug wires from you. If you reread my post you will see that I said the worse people I have ever had work on my motorhome were Workhorse Service Centers, I in no way said all Workhorse Service Centers were bad. I haven't gone to all of them, could not give an opinion on all of them, that wouldn't be fair.
Lakeman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #32

When I had my Suncruiser I had Ultra Power, Magnum Wires, Iridium Plugs and Koni Shocks done at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, Florida. Their mechanic who did all the work is Renaie (probably misspelles his name), but he is top notch and one of the most competent I've met. He coordinated the parameters with Jon and the performance was impeccable.

I would recommend a trip down to have anything you need done by them.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
That's the statement you called ridiculous, and mis-quoted me by misspelling it. (misspelled misspelled, too)

I wish you sincere good luck in the future and hope your mechanic does a good job.
No I thought most of your post was ridiculous and disrespectful, like the young person needing to learn new skills. Would you hire that person to learn on your 8.1?
Thank you for you wish of good luck.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Some set ups on some V-8 engines are easier to access from underneath, but on an RV I'm not sure removing the tires is required. Unless you want to sit up with his head in the wheel well, I'd think they could be accessed from below on a mechanic's dolly.

Trusting him with your plugs, wires, and the possible issues of not getting it done properly (stripped threads, improper torque and having a plug blow out, etc.) I'm a little surprised you'd worry about lug nut torque.
Loose lug nuts can kill you, plug wires, stripped threads, improper torque and plug blow out will not likely kill you. As in your later post I should just get a young person that needs to learn new skills, l'm sure the young person would not cause any of these problems mentioned above.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #35

Thank god I am a retired mechanic, and not dealing with the public. I did not install customer supplied parts because I could not stand behind them if a warranty issue arose. Not because I could make more money. If you don't trust your mechanic and believe he knows the best way to complete the repairs on your particular vehicle, go some place else for your repair!
Sehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #36

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Loose lug nuts can kill you, plug wires, stripped threads, improper torque and plug blow out will not likely kill you. As in your later post I should just get a young person that needs to learn new skills, l'm sure the young person would not cause any of these problems mentioned above.
As I said, you could advise him how to do the procedure. TEACH him to hand start the plugs in the head, use a torque wrench, etc. It's not like more complicated jobs that need experienced hands or special tools to complete. You might be physically unable to do the job yourself, but your admission that you plan to supervise the 'over-charging' mechanic shows you've got the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehc View Post
Thank god I am a retired mechanic, and not dealing with the public. I did not install customer supplied parts because I could not stand behind them if a warranty issue arose. Not because I could make more money. If you don't trust your mechanic and believe he knows the best way to complete the repairs on your particular vehicle, go some place else for your repair!
I understand!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehc View Post
That's part of the problem. I know the OEM plug wires are not going to last. I want to use the Ultra RV wires so how do I do this? I go in knowing that my parts won't be warranted and I will have to pay additional labor to install replacements. Not a problem.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #38

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
That's part of the problem. I know the OEM plug wires are not going to last. I want to use the Ultra RV wires so how do I do this? I go in knowing that my parts won't be warranted and I will have to pay additional labor to install replacements. Not a problem.
In this case if you use Magnum wires you won't have to worry about warranty. They have SOLID Stainless Steel core,marine style plug boots & RF choke. I had them on my 04 Newmar Mountain Aire since 2010.

Tags
need help