Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Lots of good replies here. I think the key is proper air pressure in the tires and just getting used to how a 20,000lb rig handles. Some upgrades may be in order but its best to drive it first and get a feel for what it does going down the road.

Several people mentioned weighing the axles and setting tire pressure according to the workhorse specifications chart. Ive looked all over for this chart with no luck. Can someone post a link or maybe more info on how to find the chart that specs tire pressure and chassis weight.
The DOT weight cops came to my garage and done mine, done the rear, both sides and moved the scales to the front. no charge.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #16

After struggling for several days of crosswinds and 18 wheelers on I-5 on our way home from CA we stopped at Brazels to have an Ultra Trac Bar installed on our 38T. The improvement has been great!
We will have the Konis and SafeT steer done when we head back south this fall. Handling is the number ONE priority for me.
I have done the weigh/air pressure thing without a noticeable change in handling. This is contrary to my experiences when I was driving sports cars in competition where higher pressures improved handling.
I have to add that my experience at Brazels was first class and that their RV park was a welcome stopover in the windstorm

Old 04-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #17

most of what you ever wanted to know about the workhorse custom chassis is here....including exact tire pressures.......do not use pressure figures in cab .......or on side of tires those are for maximum load.

but do not use the GM alignment specs for the p series, use Supersteer's numbers i gave in previous post.

W series tire pressure on page 154, p series on page 101:

http://www.deserttruckservice.com/pd...ssis.guide.pdf
Old 04-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman10 View Post
most of what you ever wanted to know about the workhorse custom chassis is here....including exact tire pressures.......do not use pressure figures in cab .......or on side of tires those are for maximum load.

but do not use the GM alignment specs for the p series, use Supersteer's numbers i gave in previous post.

W series tire pressure on page 154, p series on page 101:

http://www.deserttruckservice.com/pd...ssis.guide.pdf
Thanks for the WH chassis guide boatman. There is a lot of great reading in there. I would love to have a hard copy of that guide.

The tire pressure info on 154 is specific to the original Michelin XRV tires. They also mention the Goodyear G670. Still good info and a place to stat with tire pressure.

I need to do some reading.
AKIQPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Thanks for the WH chassis guide boatman. There is a lot of great reading in there. I would love to have a hard copy of that guide. ............I need to do some reading.
TOM: I believe "that guide" is the 2009 edition of the WCC produced "Chassis Guide" and it is no longer in print. However, if ANYBODY has the remaining stock of them, it will be "DriVer" here on iRV2. I suggest you send him a PM thru iRV2.com, or use the "contact us" feature on our club website at: www.workhorseclub.com to ask him if he has any left and at what price.
Ed
Old 04-24-2017, 01:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
TOM: I believe "that guide" is the 2009 edition of the WCC produced "Chassis Guide" and it is no longer in print. However, if ANYBODY has the remaining stock of them, it will be "DriVer" here on iRV2. I suggest you send him a PM thru iRV2.com, or use the "contact us" feature on our club website at: www.workhorseclub.com to ask him if he has any left and at what price.
Ed
Thanks Ed, I will send DriVer a PM and check out the Workhorse Chassis Club too.

Our new coach has brand new Toyo M-154 tires on all 6 corners. I'm struggling to find a weight/pressure guide for these tires in 245-75r22.5. I may try to call Toyo tomorrow for some details. I have a good starting point but it would be nice to see it in print from Toyo.

Thanks for the tip the other day about reading/learning as much as possible on the AAPB. I've spent about 20 hours reading every thread and every pdf that I can find on the operation and maintenance of the J72 AAPB. There is an incredible amount of info available on these systems. Some of it is a little scary. Still lots to learn but I have a little better handle on it now.

We bought this (new to us) '06 Adventurer 38J in March. Head down to pick it up on May 17. Haven't even seen it yet. We are very familiar to motorhoming and very familiar with the W-20 chassis of our 2003 Suncrusier. The W24 has some features that I'm really trying to get on top of before we jump in and head out on the road.

I'm loving this forum. You guys have added lots and lots of content over the years. Thanks for everything
AKIQPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:35 AM   #21

i have a chart of pressures for all tire sizes, i will try to find where i got it from.......i strongly advise to use Supersteer's alignment specs and disregard the factory's numbers......as for toe-in up til 1993 GM routinely had 5/16s as factory recommended on large trucks to settle down the handling......government mandated gas mileage numbers made them go to 1/16th, just to milk a .10 MPG out.....just like they went to 5-20, 30 weight oil....not that it was better for your engine!...which it isn't.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #22

great tire size vs pressure chart n lots of more info here page 27:

http://www.offroadtoybox.com/RV/P-Ch...entProcess.pdf

Tags
steering, workhorse