Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #43

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
With all this experience in doing oil changes, why not open up a WORKHORSE JIFFY LUBE CENTER in Conway, S.C. We snowbirds could stop by and have some maintenace performed on our way to Florida... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We would want to have our oil changed in less than 3 hours it would take DriVer to do it....just kidding DriVer....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bucky1:
LOL! Thanks for the entertainment! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is certainly my humble purpose that you will come back and participate here in the Workhorse Forum on a regular basis.

Thank you for your comments and sage advice.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:39 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
We snowbirds could stop by and have some maintenace performed on our way to Florida... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Anytime Bud! .... and while you're waiting you can go for a tour of our southern plantations in and around the area.

I should be finished by the time you get back.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:42 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FRVRer, Unless you bring one of those high altitude oil filters I don't know if I can help you.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #47

Jayco Owners Club
Funny, enjoyable thread. I think you could buff that oil filter a little, rinse it out, and use it for a spare.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #48

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver, is it possible that when you were a firefighter you were assigned to a truck company?

That would go a long way towards explaining how that filter got put on so tight. We used to say that in order to be on the truck you needed a size 54 coat and a size 3 helmet. As long as you were as strong as King Kong you could do the job.

The other part of the problem is you had a retired chief helping you. Heck, when our chiefs would take a day off it took two weeks to retrain them.

Just trying to be helpful and offer some possible solutions to your problems. This retired stuff is better than sliced bread. Enjoy Branson.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #49

Chief only has to tell you how to do the job. Must have been some poor communication on that oil change.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skipsor:
Driver, is it possible that when you were a firefighter you were assigned to a truck company? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As a matter of fact ......
Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
Chief only has to tell you how to do the job. Must have been some poor communication on that oil change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We also had to setup an Incident Command System.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #52

KNowing that there must have been some oil spill. We have not heard anything about the Hazmat Squad being called in.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #53

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
My original intent was to assume "Command" and pass information, materials and tools. This plan was scrapped when it became apparent that the situation required a more proactive role. The offensive attack was increased by "Command" relocating to the underside of the MH and exerting physical labor.

The Hazmat team was on stand by, however the diligent use of paper towels negated their response.

All recovered oil will be taken to the local recycle center and disposed of in the proper manner.

My white hat also needed to be washed to restore its brilliance.

To restore my confidence I changed the oil in my personal car today and completed the operation without incident, with no spillage.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by depchief:
To restore my confidence I changed the oil in my personal car today and completed the operation without incident, with no spillage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..... and what's more remarkable is that depchief was able to do it without a strategy meeting and a lunch break.

Git'er Done!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #55

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and what's more remarkable is that depchief was able to do it without a strategy meeting and a lunch break </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIKE: If you give it some thought I'll bet you can find the "problem" that was missing from the second oil change. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver: I have always been told that the more oil capasity you can have in your engine the cooler it will run. And if this is true would it be better to run a two quart oil filer, or would the NapaGold 1060 work just as well.The part # for the two quart oil filter is, NapaGold 1794. Maybe I should have made this a new post,if so let me know. Thanks

2004 Jeep Wrangler
RattlenRam is offline   Reply With Quote